Monday, September 30, 2024

Book of Cats continued (finished)

 

I'm back today joining Aimeslee, our host this month at Art Journal Journey and her Anything Goes theme.   

If you missed any of the pages I created before, you can see the first 16 backgrounds I created here and herePages 1 through 8 can be found here, Pages 9 through 16 can be found here, and Pages 17 through 20 can be found here.

Page 21 was another postage stamp from Sami in Australia.  It was supposed to read "Best Friend," but I lost most  of the F as I was placing it on the page.  The postage stamp on Page 22 was also sent by Sami.  The cat looked like it was hissing, so luckily, I had a stamp that fit perfectly.

The postage stamp on Page 23 came from my stash.  The cool cat was part of the set sent me by Erika.  The image on Page 24 also came from my stash.  I computer generated the sentiment.  I wonder how many would want that holiday gift?  I noticed the ink from cool cat hadn't dried when I added the sentiment on the right.

Both postage stamps on Pages 25 and 26 came from Sami.  She was a godsend when it came to starting this book.  I was having trouble coming up with sentiments or embellishments, so I raided my stash and came up with these!

Page 27 shows the final cats Erika sent.  I've used them all now.  I computer generated the sentiment I thought was appropriate.  The cat on Page 28 is from my stash.  I stamped the words "fur BABY" in black dye ink.

The cat on Page 29 was a gift.  In hindsight, I wish I hadn't added the ticket.  The color and size are wrong and don't add any appeal or interest to the page.  The cat on page 30 is from my stash.  I stamped "Who rescued whom?" in black dye ink.  The pages are getting harder to scan the closer I get to the end of the book.

Page 31 was part of a postcard I received advertising pet products.  I added the words "pretty KITTY" in black dye ink.  The cat on page 32 was from my stash.  I added "Purr" in black dye ink.  I added the rick rack that was much closer in color to lavender under my OTT light than it was from the scanner.

Page 33 is the other cat Elle sent.  The purple sharpie is nearly gone.  I added a small strip of paper tape at the top and the word Meow in black dye ink.  Page 34 is the final page in the book and I added the word "Playful" using my gold Posca pen.  This cat was another from the pet product postcard I received.

Finally, I scanned the front and back covers.  By this time the book was starting to fall apart from the sewing I did in the beginning.  For the life of me, I couldn't figure out where the red came from on the front cover.  It certainly wasn't on the book when I removed it from the scanner.  The back cover is from my stash and one that started out with Staz-on and 91% isopropyl alcohol as a base.  I cut two color wheels down and added one to both sides.  The words "Colorful Cats" were hand written using my pink and gold Posca pens.  I checked the scanner and found a piece of red paper stuck to the lid.

I decided to scan the front again.  You can see the book is starting to fall apart.  Time for it to find a home in my Cats Altered Book.  I can't believe I finally got the entire book scanned before the end of the month.

Bleubeard and I are absolutely thrilled you stopped by and we would love to see you at Art Journal Journey with your interpretation of Anything Goes, too. You still have a full day to join in.

 

 

0 thoughtful remarks: