Friday, September 13, 2024

Friday Smiles 391: Art

 

It's Friday, which means it's time to join Friday Smiles, hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).  Let's visit Annie and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.   I'm starting to get more and more "Failed to Publish," and again, nothing I try helps.  In fact, while playing catch up, I have not been able to leave a single comment.  I have about a dozen people I've left comments to that have failed.

This past week, I have been mostly tied to my computer, as I am visiting people I normally do not as a result of being the guest designer at Try it on Tuesday this fortnight.  And I can never seem to get ahead at AJJ (more on that shortly).  When not on the computer, I'm either eating, sleeping, feeding the cats, or creating more art as I show below.  Of course, I'm also showering and brushing my teeth, but you probably don't care about any of that.

What you do want to know is I'm working on more pages in my latest altered book.  You can see the backgrounds I created here and here.  Also, here are the first set of pages I created.  I'm also joining Aimeslee, our host this month at Art Journal Journey and her Anything Goes theme.  

These are my next pages in my new altered book. Page 9 started with a sandstone background to which I added the kitty sent to me by Sami in Australia.  I tried to stamp what I thought was a postmark, but now I'm not sure what it's supposed to be.  I do know that is an arrow I stamped onto the very rough background using black dye ink.  Sami also sent me the cat I show on Page 10.  All the previous stamps had been clear cling stamps, so when I placed the "Courage" red rubber stamp on my acrylic block (I used brown ink), I was shocked I had stamped it upside down.  I can definitely see the appeal of clear stamps now!  
 
Page 11 has a postage stamp sent to me by CJ and Ink.  The heart is from my stash.  Page 12's postage stamp came from (I believe) Jo.  The sentiment (Play with me) was supposed to be a rub-on, but it no longer has the ability to rub.  I cut it out and used it as is.

I received the stamp from Sami that I used on Page 13.  Because there were both cats and dogs, I included a pet paw sticker.  The cat on Page 14 was another one sent to me by Erika.  I originally tried to use a fish stencil on the background, but the ink just didn't take.  Instead, I used two more rub-ons that I fussy cut to go with the sailor cat.  Seems I cropped the tin of sardines a bit too close.

Page 15 started with another of the cute kitties sent to me by Erika.  To it I added washi tape and stamped "Pretty Kitty" on the metallic paint chip using black dye ink.  As I was working on Page 16, an image from my stash, I accidentally ran my arm over the word "kitty."  I was surprised that it smeared.  Dye ink dries quickly, so why didn't this?  I finally realized it was because the metallic paint chip had been coated with something that didn't allow the ink to seep into the paper.  I then went to Plan B and cut a tag to which I stamped the words.  For Page 16, I cut a small tag to which I wrote the word "Stretch" using my gold Posca pen.

I have more pages completed, but am having all kinds of scanning problems between PhotoShop and my thumb drive. PhotoShop wants to shut down every time I try to add new pages.  Instead of getting frustrated, I think this is enough for now.  
 
A few funnies to follow, some political.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/_PZO_tzkxr006fA.mJZfxw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTI0MDA7aD0xMzUwO2NmPXdlYnA-/https://media.zenfs.com/en/wttg_fox_local_articles_147/0b7d29a526ed38d578f4888b37ed941b

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1qp41r.img?w=768&h=461&m=6
 
https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1qkjIH.img?w=599&h=521&m=6 

 

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1qkjJ1.img?w=599&h=937&m=6

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1qkvXl.img?w=599&h=599&m=6

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1qky4d.img?w=599&h=689&m=6

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1qkA6p.img?w=599&h=680&m=6&x=40&y=186&s=149&d=149

https://www.freep.com/gcdn/media/2021/02/02/USATODAY/usatsports/Socks-President-Clintons-cat-1.jpg?width=660&height=372&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

https://media.distractify.com/brand-img/oml16FGPW/2160x1130/jd-vance-cat-1722016372761.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTU1_2xWkAAht3o?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTfhFQgXIAA5GU6?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTb8W2_agAEvFX3?format=jpg&name=small  And finally, one of my favorite childless cat ladies.

Bleubeard, Squiggles, and I wish you a very happy and fun filled weekend.  This childless cat lady thanks you for spending part of your Friday here.  Bleubeard and I would love to see you at Friday Smiles and Art Journal Journey, too.


12 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

Sorry to hear that you are again having trouble with blogger. It does appear that they have made changes to the commenting software.
best, mae

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful art! Loving those cat postage stamps and all the celebrities and their cats 😊. Wishing you a very Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Tom said...

...thanks for the chuckles.

Neet said...

Such a nuisance when you cannot comment on other blogs. I sometimes have problems with one particular one but blogspot is ok for me.
My, you have been busy and I notice there are a few cats around your pages. I wonder why?
I love the funnies you have given us at the end, the first one had me laughing out loud but I hope the one in the vending machine could get out pretty quickly. Must say the one in the White House might be abetter choice than some.
Hugs, Neet xxx

My name is Erika. said...

I can't believe you once again are getting those fail to publish messages again. Oh No. But I must admit your cat book is really adorable. That baby tiger (kitten) is so cute.I like the heart on the heart page too. With the white edge it has a lot of depth. I also like the link stamp too. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Love the memes. :)

Iris Flavia said...

Sorry for being late. Ohhh, that is cute-cat overload, thank you for the smiles!!!
Hm. I today had the same problem with leaving comments (as often). Put mine in my cache, click F5, try a couple of times and... accepted. Have you tried this?
Sometimes blogger does not "know" me. Reload page, try again, mostly works, too.
You need patience these days... And although I don´t have that exactly, the blogger-world makes me!

CJ Kennedy said...

Like Iris said, cute cat overload.

Annie said...

So much to make me smile today but it’s balanced out by the fact you’re still having problems with your internet/computer. It’s so frustrating isn’t it? Sending you big hugs,
Annie x

Królowa Karo said...

Beautiful artwork!

Divers and Sundry said...

Love all the cat ladies!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thanks for adding more to AJJ, xoxo