Sunday, September 8, 2024

More backgrounds for my new altered book

 

I showed you the first six backgrounds yesterday.  Technically, Rita was right yesterday when she said I should only have 16 pages.  But I counted and I thought I had 24 inside pages, not including the covers.  I was wrong.  I have 32 inside pages and the front and back covers will make 34.  How could I have been so wrong?  And I thought math was my strong suit.  Above are pages 7 (seven) and 8 (eight).  That is the yellow page I forgot yesterday.  The color sample on the right is a sandstone texture sample, also by Ralph Lauren.

These are backgrounds 9 and 10.  I used some old German text to compliment the brown on the right.

Backgrounds 11 and 12 are green sandstone and green metallic. I'm trying to make the embellishments a bit different each time.

Now we are getting to some of my favorite colors in backgrounds 13 and 14.  Sandstone on the left and metallic on the right.

Backgrounds  15 and 16 are both metallics.  The embellishment on the left is a gifted page from a book from a church.  The one on the right is shorthand, definitely a lost art.

Background 17 is another sandstone paint chip sample.  The book page is either Japanese or Chinese.
 
I have 15 more inside pages to decorate, but I'll be using the colors I like best in the final ones.   For the time being, I want to get started decorating the inside of this book.

 

10 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...the world is built with an array of colors!

Elephant's Child said...

Bright and beautiful.

CJ Kennedy said...

All wonderful, but my favorites are the blues

Rita said...

You will be in mixed media paradise! What fun! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

It's going to be quite colourful ... I do like the blues you've shown here.

All the best Jan

peppylady (Dora) said...

Can't wait to see how the background developes

My name is Erika. said...

I still can't wait to see what you do with these. I was gluing and making some background pages today. Mine are going to be for a Halloween book- I think that's the plan. Happy new week. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

I go with Erika!

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous colours! These pages are looking great Elizabeth.

Jenn Jilks said...

Well done! You have great projects. I enjoy them.