Thursday, September 12, 2024

My new altered book

 

I'm once again joining Aimeslee at Paper-Paisleys Art Adventures who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Anything Goes

For two days I showed backgrounds I created.  You will find them here and here.

This is my new altered book.  It is all about cats. These are Pages 1 and 2. On the left, I started by using a stencil at the top of the paint chip.  I then added this gifted cat (thanks Erika).  On the right is a U.S. postage stamp from my stash to which I added a bit of washi tape.

On Page 3, I added a punched cat that I colored using Staz-on and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  I stamped the word "Purr" in black dye ink.  For Page 4, I included another gifted cat from the same set.

The postage stamp on the left (Page 5) came from Sami, who some of you know for hosting Monday Murals.  I stamped the word "Mew" in black dye ink, from a set of stamps also sent to me by Erika.  The postage stamp on the right (Page 6) was from my stash.  I stamped the word "Purr-fection" in black dye ink.

For page 7, the postage stamp was another one gifted me by Sami, as was the one on Page 8.  I stamped the word "Meow" in black dye ink on Page 8.

I have more of these finished, but scanning is difficult and very time consuming, since I must scan each individually to a thumb drive.  I tried to scan several at a time and learned I erased the previous scan when I did.  
 
Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We are grateful you stopped by and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey as you share your interpretation of Anything Goes.

 

9 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

The cats look beautiful. Of course.

Iris Flavia said...

Wonderful! So cute and creative, I love it.

Tom said...

...purrfect!

CJ Kennedy said...

Tom has the best comment

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful little book, and of course - all about cats! What else! Hugs!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

elizabeth this is just THE BEST !!! as we say here in trout towne~~~~ 984 PAWZ UP =^..^=
wavez two ewe bleu N squiggles, hope yur havin a grate week ♥♥

Rita said...

Love all the cats, of course. :)

sirkkis said...

Your backgrounds are creative and beautiful for the sweet cats. Sure the book is great 👏
Happy weekend Elizabeth 🧡

Divers and Sundry said...

I like this new altered book and the pages you've made so far