Monday, April 8, 2024

The Parabolic Rainbow

 

Today I have another entry for two of my favorite challenge blogs.  Rainbows is this fortnight's challenge at Try it on Tuesday.  Since there are also several geometric shapes, it further qualifies for Valerie's theme, Geometric Forms, at Art Journal JourneyValerie will be our host at AJJ the entire month of April.

This is my parabolic rainbow.  Warm colors are represented on one side and cool colors on the other.  Detail shots are below.

It may not look like it, but I used red, orange, and yellow gel pens to color this parabola.  The orange scanned rather pinkish, I thought.

This is the cool side of the rainbow.  I used a light and dark blue because I had an extra space to fill.

For this entry, I used gel pens.  I thought I had a bit better control over them than the watercolor pencils I used on Roy G Biv.  The gel pens are sorted according to types of colors: standard, metallic, glitter, and neon.  It appears I used a neon for the orange, which scanned pinkish.  I got both images from my Calculus workbook.

This is Day 8 of 22 and I recycled two images from different chapters of my undergrad Calculus workbook, which, as I mentioned before, was required along with the book I had to buy. 

I sincerely hope you will join me at Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday.

 

13 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Love it - and rainbows always make me smile.

Tom said...

...I hope that you will enjoy a rainbow now and then.

Iris Flavia said...

Don´t forget to make a (mathematical... or magical) wish when you see one for real :-)

CJ Kennedy said...

I never heard of that. So cool

Christine said...

Wonderful

Sami said...

Rainbows are amazing and always make me happy :)
Enjoy the rest of your week Elizabeth.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous pieces, thanks for your support. Hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

Never heard of a parabolic rainbow. Never took Calculus, either. Wow!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

YEOW Elizabeth, hope you are doing oK, maybe just to be safe
have a quick check at the doc’s office ?

bleu and squiggles ewe take care oh Elizabeth…
💙🐟💚😺

Spyder said...

I've never heard of a parabolic rainbow either! You learn something everyday!! ((Lyn))

My name is Erika. said...

This is another fun page for Valerie's challenge. You must have a whole book of these geometry themed pages. I bet you're happy to have them for this challenge. hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

And I forgot to say thanks for linking up to TIOT also.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooh! I see blogger is allowing me to comment! I love that you have these diagrams to use - I'm sure being coloured makes them more interesting. Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday too, hugs, Chrisx