Friday, April 5, 2024

Mr. Calculus

 

  Meet Mr. Calculus.  His name is Roy G Biv.  He is celebrating two challenges today.  Roy is sharing his Rainbow of colors, this fortnight's challenge at Try it on Tuesday.  Since he is also showing several geometric shapes, he also qualifies for Valerie's theme, Geometric Forms, at Art Journal JourneyValerie will be our host at AJJ the entire month of April.

I have some detail shots.



For those of you unfamiliar with Roy, he is a mnemonic for the colors of the rainbow: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Indigo, and Blue.

Because Roy also has a face, I'll share him at Nicole's Friday Face Off

For those of you who don't visit daily, or who only visit during a challenge, every day from the 1st to the 22nd of April, I try to recycle something to honor Earth Day, which, in my world is bEARTHday.

This is Day 5 of 22 and I recycled a page from my undergrad Calculus workbook, which was required along with the book I had to buy.  All of my Physics and Calculus/Math professors required the corresponding handbook that went with the main book.  I am finding these quite useful this month.  I used watercolor pencils to color the various geometric boxes and circles.

I sincerely hope you will join me at Art Journal Journey, Try it on Tuesday, and Friday Face Off.
 

 

15 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...Roy is a clever fellow.

Gene Black said...

Nice drawing of Roy. I really like how you did his tunic.

My name is Erika. said...

Roy looks like he likes to dress as they did in ancient times. Grin. I like how you came up with his name, also. Thanks for linking up to TIOT. It is always appreciated. Have a great FRiday. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page, I love Mr Calculus. I hope he's not over here in this weather, he would freeze his whatnot off! Hugs!

Christine said...

This is awesome Elizabeth!

sirkkis said...

A fun post, indeed 😄, never seen that kind of calculator 😉
Have a happy weekend ♥️
P.S. Tanks for the comment,
its published 👍

Iris Flavia said...

Very well done - to Roy and Rainbows!

DVArtist said...

You are amazing! This is fantastic hitting 3 challenges with one fabulous piece of art. I love this guys face. Thank you for joining FFO and I hope you have a very nice weekend.

Rita said...

You ticked all the boxes--lol! :) :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun page, this really made me smile 😊. I hope you are keeping well and wishing you a wonderful reat of the week. Happy weekend too! Also thanks for the birthday wishes, so kind ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Elephant's Child said...

Rainbows are ALWAYS welcome. My memories of calculus classes less so.

CJ Kennedy said...

I love how many challenges you met with just this one page.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I struggle with Algebra.

Meggymay said...

I had a smile when I saw this page, Mr Calculus looks a great guy. Thank you for joining us all over at TioT's Elizabeth. Sorry I am not around much these days.
Yvonne

pearshapedcrafting said...

Mr Calculus looks a happy chappie! I was never happy in Mathematics classes! It's a great page for AJJ and Try It On Tuesday Thanks for joining us at TIOT, hugs, Chrisx