Monday, April 8, 2024

T Stands For A Recycled Drink Entry

 

After a stressful time renewing my driver's license (a whole other story), I was heading to the basement when I caught my sleeve on the railing and took a 13 step tumble.  I am hurt, bruised, and sore all over.  My shoulders, right arm, right hand, buttox, right leg, left shin, and right foot are bruised.  The left side of my face is swollen.  I was in too much pain to even sit at my computer.  I still hurt like Hades, but I am going to at least show up for T Tuesday.  Sadly, tomorrow I have a date with two friends to go to lunch.  I hope they don't think I was beaten.  No whining, just explaining my inability to visit.  Let's at least enjoy T this week, please.

We are meeting today at my dining room table with a recycled T Tuesday entry.

I published this entry in December, 2018.  I sewed the words to the recycled music background.

"Seltzer,

Sage,

Rosemary,

and Thyme."


Note how I wrapped excess thread around the stem of the glass on the left.



For this page, I began by laying down pink dye ink on my 110 lb card stock substrate.  When I found these images in a magazine, I immediately fussy cut them.  All the stems were cut away from the background.  I tried to position each of the stems on a staff line on the vintage sheet music.  I chose sheet music as a background because of the reference to the Simon and Garfunkel song Scarborough Fair that was part of the album Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme.  The song was also used in the movie The Graduate.  The words were colored using water soluble crayons, and sewn to the page using variegated thread.

This is Day 9 of 22 and I recycled a previous T Tuesday entry.

It's now time to share your own drink related post.  It can be photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday.   Be sure to visit the other T Tuesday participants.  

Please remember, if your comments are embedded, they will more than likely not publish from my computer.

  

21 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I am so sorry to read this - and hope your bruises and your pain disappear quickly.

Carola Bartz said...

I'm sorry that you took such a bad tumble and are now hurt. It sounds pretty awful. I hope that the pain will disappear soon as well as the bruises and that the swelling goes back. Take good care of yourself, Elizabeth. Hopefully your T Tuesday will still be a happy one.

Lowcarb team member said...

So sorry to read about your bad tumble, I hope the pain and bruises go away soon.

I did like the art piece you've shown here.

Sending my good wishes.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...I'm sorry to hear of your mishap. As I age, gravity isn't my friend. I wish you a speedy recovery.

CJ Kennedy said...

So sorry to hear you took a tumble. Maybe a trip to urgent care to make sure nothing was broken or fractured other than your pride?

The champagne flutes look festive with their garnishes. Happy T Day. Feel better soon.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you fell down the steps, I am sure you are in a lot of pain! I.know how it feels after my recent fall! Take care, hugs, Valerie

Lisca said...

That really sounds horrendous! And you don't seem to have broklen anything. I hope you feel better soon.
Take care
(gentle) big hug,
Lisca

Halle said...

Oh my goodness! That's terrible. Feel better my friend!

Christine said...

Oh no Elizabeth! Please take care and heal quickly.

Mae Travels said...

You are suffering too many falls. Something isn’t right. I hope you get over all the bruises quickly.

Mr. Linky gave me strange error messages, and seemed to reject my submissions, and then listed two of them. Sorry for that.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm sorry about your ouchy.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh no. This sounds bad.
Hurtful.
And... why do we always have this when a date with friends is coming up?! Hope yours like mine will be understanding. I bet so and wish you a "quick healing"! Boy, does this suck.
Your art made me happy.
Ingo refuses to watch The Graduate, but both the movie and the song are one of my favs and your interpretation is great!

Helen said...

oh Elizabeth, that sounds awful, I hope your bruises heal quickly or at least the pain goes soon. take care and try to enjoy lunch.

Cloudia said...

Wishing you well dear! 🙏🏽❤️

Rostrose said...

Oh, Elizabeth, I'm so sorry you hurt yourself so much!
As you can see, I'm back from my vacation (but haven't quite arrived yet ;-)) But I'd love to celebrate T-Day with you!
Your beautiful work immediately made me think of the song “Scarborough Fair” by Simon and Garfunkel, even before I had read your text.
Get well again soon. All the best,
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/04/back-again-ich-bin-wieder-im-lande.html

My name is Erika. said...

Oh no. That fall sounds horrible. I hope you aren't in terrible pain and that everything heals quickly. And I like this page. I like the music paper and the song title and those champagne flutes. It is just fun and perfect for T too. I'm sure your friends will understand when you meet them for lunch, but I just hope you have a good lunch and don't feel too self-conscious. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Hi E. I had a bit of trouble commenting yesterday, but things seem to be working today. I think this theme of drink and music is so very clever. It could be the photo for a cover of a record. OK, I know that is outdated of me but that's what I think. LOL Have a nice day today.

Violetta said...

I hope you are better soon. Nevertheless Happy T day. This time a bit short...we are on ski-holidays
All the best
Violetta

Rita said...

Oh no!! That sounds like a terrible fall! I hope you feel better soon...and don't scare your friends.
Now I have that song in my head. Don't mind. LOVE Simon and Garfunkel!

Jeanie said...

I'm so sorry about your fall. I hope you had things checked out. Sometimes it's easy to get a hairline fracture and of course, always being careful of the head. It sounds just awful and I hope you reuperate soon.

craftytrog said...

Sorry to hear about your tumble. Hope you feel better soon, it sounds very painful!
I love your page Elizabeth.
Take care,
Alison