Sunday, April 7, 2024

Loving Moments


I had originally intended this for last month at Art Journal Journey, but that never happened.  I finished it late last night and learned a lot along the way.

This was a disaster that should have been avoided.  Detail shot is below.


I began with a sheet of green printer/copier paper to which I added the fussy cut cat recycled from a very old calendar.  So far, so good. Then I tried to add the rub-on which was supposed to read "Loving moments."  Sadly, the rub-on had been rubbed off onto the backing sheet due to my careless handling of the sheet.  This was not the only sheet of rub-ons I had mishandled.  When I chose to make my Cats altered book, I gathered everything and placed the contents, including the rub-ons, inside a large sealable pouch.  The more I moved the pouch around, the more the rub-ons rubbed onto the backing papers.   This was definitely a costly mistake, even thought the rub-on sheets had been given to me.

For Day 7 of 22, I recycled an image from an old calendar.


9 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Well, shit happens. But this some very cute cat, thank you for the smile! And have a great Sunday anyways. The message came around, together with a lesson after all!

Elephant's Child said...

We all make mistakes. That is one cute cat - and the message is clear.

Tom said...

...pencils come with erasers for a reason.

Christine said...

Cutie!

My name is Erika. said...

I don't think the not 100% rubbed off letters are a bad thing. Art is meant to be imperfect right? And a learning experience too, right? It all works great in my eyes. I hope your weekend is going well. hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

Iris is right. What can you do but learn from it...
That is the cutest cat!

CJ Kennedy said...

I think it looks like the cat made the letters. Very cute.

Rita said...

Oh yes! I learned about how rub-ons can be ruined years ago. Since then, I've always keep them in flat containers on their own, handle them carefully, and keep my fingers crossed. I think they can deteriorate over time sometimes, too, even if you are careful with them. They can be touchy, but they are also really cool and can be so beautiful. :)

Nancy said...

Kitty is a cute one. Agreed- those rub-ons are not all they're cracked up to be! Especially if they are stored for awhile.