Saturday, March 11, 2023

Square squared

 

I have another page for Valerie, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme, as you may know by now, is Anything Goes.
 

I'm back today with a fourth square I put together from these pages I created during November 2022's Second Thursday Tutorial.

I finished this fourth square shortly before midnight yesterday (Friday).  I was not convinced the glue was dry before I scanned it.  I love the play from dark to light.  This and all the squares I have created so far are 8 sq inches (20.32 sq cm).

Thanks for dropping by today to share a bit of time with Bleubeard and me.  We are eternally grateful.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your Anything Goes journal (paper or fabric) entry, canvas, altered book spread, or digital art.
 

 

9 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I remember you making these papers. This musical square is lovely, thanks so much for linking to my challenge at AJJ. Hope you are feeling better, look after yourself. Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

A nice play of music and color!

My name is Erika. said...

i like it too, and I also like the play of light to dark. I should make some pages like you did and then use bits and pieces to turn them into another page. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great Saturday. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

The painted circles remind me of a motif in Zen Buddhist art. Wikipedia says — In Zen, an ensō (円相, "circular form") is a circle that is hand-drawn in one or two uninhibited brushstrokes to express a moment when the mind is free to let the body create.
Link (with picture): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensō

Have a good weekend!

best…mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Lovely

ashok said...

Nice work 👏

Jeanie said...

I love the blue with the circles. These just feel such fun!

craftytrog said...

A great composition, I love it Elizabeth!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the little stacks lol, so many papers! The designs go well together while still having striking differences.