Thursday, March 9, 2023

Festival in the Park

 

I am sorry that I didn't have time to create a Second Thursday Tutorial.  I hope to have it ready by next Thursday.  Since I have nothing created that can take its place, I am posting my Friday post slightly early.

I have another page for Valerie, our host this month at Art Journal Journey. Her theme is Anything Goes.
 

I named this Festival in the park.  There are faces, too, so I'll be joining Nicole and her Friday Face Off.  I also have a few detail shots to share.


I spritzed two of my handmade shimmering mists on 110 lb. cardstock.  Once dry, I cut the wallpaper sample and outlined it with black dye ink.  The focal image is from an old stand up calendar, thus the linen look/texture that shows through.  I also outlined it with black dye ink.  Finally, I added computer generated text on red copier/printer paper.  I also outlined it with black dye ink.

Art wise, please visit Art Journal Journey and Friday Face Off.

It's also my Friday post, which means it's once again time to join Friday Smiles, hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time). Let's visit Annie and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.  All I can really offer this week are a few more funnies.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/94/9e/c9949ec806a3ce1db5cb9440691d922b.jpg 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1f/ad/c4/1fadc4acdca47ca8642b725d203b21a5.gif 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7f/b5/9c/7fb59c3ee05e1033bda797611a7e4f88.jpg 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0f/34/54/0f345448a640a38e00f6d56630b1d6ed.jpg 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/49/b3/91/49b3919a7166cf68161f360b6b9c7552.jpg 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/13/1b/cf/131bcf15120af52258f69d3e4554ede9.gif 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/74/cf/3274cf7cc02e923577fdf2e84ec50c4e.jpg 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/cf/12/de/cf12de06be792db60841180619e9f85f.jpg 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/70/2e/07/702e07839b0834687fb864c704beafe8.jpg 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/61/b3/5f/61b35f834e0bbec98cf3c179423e135a.jpg 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0a/17/64/0a176460f7e974d7bb0ec28cae12e66e.gif  If only!!!

Thanks for dropping by today.  Enjoy your weekend. PLEASE visit Annie, Friday Face Off, and Art Journal Journey.  And please don't forget to start your weekend with a smile. 

 

22 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, that page came out wonderful!
Next time we go to Perth Ingo will drag me to Freo on the gig Ferris Wheel...

Thank you for the laughs and smiles. Esp the last one!

Christine said...

Lovely summery page and fun memes!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Thanks for introducing me to Art Journal Journey it might just encourage me to do more of it. Loving the funnies too and wishing you a very happy and creative weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is such a beautiful journal page with those amazing splattered colors! The time goes by way too fast!
Happy day, hug Elke

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Elizabeth, and great cartoons.
Have a lovely day,
Alison

mamapez5 said...

A great journal page. I do love those shimmer mists. I use them in my card making but most of mine are not handmade, though a few are. It is a lovely image of folk having fun.
As always I smiled at your funnies. Kate x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, makes me want summer. The cat funnies are fabulous! I loved the feline version of itsy bitsy spider! Thanks for linking o my challenge at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

Annie said...

Brilliant funnies today. Thanks for sharing them.
Hugs,
Annie x

Tom said...

...our small town has a festival in the park too. I love you cat humor this morning. Take care and enjoy your day.

sirkkis said...

Ha-hah 🤣 the last picture of the cartoon is the best 👏🐱
Happy weekend 👍💐

Gene Black said...

That was a great use for the image from the calendar. I love "saving" things like that, which would normally be thrown away.

My name is Erika. said...

That visit to the park makes me think of warm summery days. Or at least spring days. It's lovely. And your funnies made me smile once again. Metzger really knows cat behavior-smile. Happy Friday. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

The amusement park image invokes a very summery feeling, which contrasts to the snow falling outside today.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

I love the feel of that ferris wheel. And your cartoons. I hope you never run out of those!

Lisca said...

Ferris wheels always provoke good feelings (whether you go on it or not). It smacks of summer. Yes, Roll on summer!
Thanks for the funnies. So true.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

DVArtist said...

You are such a wonderful artist. I see how much attention you put into every piece. I love the funnies too. Thank you for joining FFO. Have a lovely day today.

ashok said...

Amazing artist...

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page makes me think of warm weather, a walk down the midway with the Ferris wheel dominating the skyline. Oh, those kitty funnies are good. I loved Itsy Bitsy Spider and Giving Back. 😺

Gillena Cox said...

🤣luv the cat funnies. Nice art card.
Thanks for dropping by my Art For Fun Friday. You should link up.

Much💜love

Lowcarb team member said...

A beautiful journal page, and I did enjoy the funnies.

All the best Jan

Divers and Sundry said...

I love a ferris wheel! I wish we had one here year 'round.

Neet said...

Where did you get all those cat funnies, hilarious and a great size so I can read them comfortably.
Love the journal page - makes me want summer and ice cream cones, candy floss and all that comes with fun.
Hugs, Neet xxx