Wednesday, March 8, 2023

My Sister's New Job

 

My friend Valerie has chosen Anything Goes for her theme at Art Journal Journey this month.  

I have named this Sister for lack of a better title.  I have a few detail shots to share.

I lightened the photo because I thought her face was too dark.  When I did, I also lightened the black cardstock.



I started with a sheet of 140 lb black cardstock, to which I added the photo found in my stash, the totally implausible story (I have NO living relatives), and the images I printed on cream 140 lb cardstock and cut out as best I could.  I computer generated the words (no typewriter was hurt while creating this), then colored the printer/copier paper with brown dye ink.

Bleubeard and I are so very thankful for your friendship and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with Anything Goes.


16 thoughtful remarks:

Rita said...

I just bought new ribbon for my Underwood upright. Those old-old typewriters are hard to type on--lol!

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice story! You thought up a good one here. I'm happy I don't have to type on one of those machines any more! Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

wow this brings me back to the past-I learned to type on an old typewriter-my Mom insisted

My name is Erika. said...

I learned to type on high school, and by playing on my Mom's old typewriter. Thankfully computer keyboards are like typewriters, at least how the letters are more or less set up. This is a fun page for Valerie's challenge. It's fun seeing everyone different takes this month, don't you agree? Thinking of you. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

I never took typing in school, but my sister did on one of these and was the fastest in the class.

Jeanie said...

If you can't do an impossible story in art, when can you do one? I like it!

Christine said...

Lovely sister tribute!

Neet said...

A great page that I thought was true to begin with. Love the typewriters you found for illustrating your journal. To be honest I would be happy to have any old typewriter just to play around with but can i find one to suit my pocket, not yet.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Jenn Jilks said...

That is a clever invention and creativity!

Sandra Cox said...

Excellent! Though, just thinking of typewriters makes me shudder.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Oh, that's a great story about the old typewriter, I remember that too, hug Elke

Iris Flavia said...

Wish I´d learned to type. I always have to look on the typewrit... keyboard!
I like your journey to the past!

Rostrose said...

Haha, "no typewriter was hurt while creating this" - love your sense of humor, dear Elizabeth, and your imaginative fake sister page too :-D
And I would like to thank you for trying tirelessly to leave a comment on my blog until you finally succeeded... I understand that this is annoying and I hope these problems are over now.
All the best - Traude❤️
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/03/streifzug-durch-die-letzten-wochen.html

craftytrog said...

Great page, and I love the story you created Elizabeth.

Lowcarb team member said...

I did enjoy the story you created here ...

All the best Jan

Divers and Sundry said...

I remember the typewriter I got for high school graduation and the class I took to learn how to use it.