Thursday, March 24, 2022

Spring is in the air

 

 I'm back joining Valerie at Bastelmania, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Spring.

Spring is definitely in the air.

Even the sentiment says so.

The little birds are surrounded by foreign (Russian) text.  Because the focal image is square, I'm joining River of Creativity's March Challenge #11, which is Anything Goes with the option of SQUARES.  Further, since the focal image is birds, I'm joining Craftlandia Challenge 10, hosted by Mia, Diana, and Ayla.
 
The birds are then surrounded by a second layer of paper.
 
I started this spread with a page of previously created shaving cream paper.  To that I tore a portion of a coffee dyed page from a Russian book, over which I added the focal image of birds on a tree branch I found in my stash.  I then computer generated the sentiment and colored it using dye ink. 
 
I am also joining Creative Artiste's 80th Challenge, where their theme is always Anything Mixed Media Goes.  To qualify for Creative Artiste, I must have a minimum of three mediums.  I began this spread by combining a sheet of shaving cream paper to a torn piece of Russian text I recently dyed with coffee.  The focal image was from my stash and the text/sentiment was colored using dye ink.

Thank you beyond belief for stopping by today.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey, Creative Artiste, Craftlandia Challenge 10, and River of Creativity


24 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Very well done, great idea! Here the sun is out, but it´s so cold, the birds are sadly quiet.
Hm, what I think is weird... on the Russian page the page number is 54. Well, looked it up, would it really be пятьдесят четыре otherwise?! It really seems so!

Elephant's Child said...

HOW I love your creativity...

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, Elizabeth, thanks somuch for joining my challenge at AJJ again, much appreciated. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

What a lovely Spring image you chose today for your blog post. I like that it is a traditional piece and matches with the text underneath. I am surprised the end of the branch is not tilted down with the weight of that little bird perched there. He is lovely and chubby.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Mia said...

What a great mixed media page, Elizabeth! I love shaving foam technique and dying with coffee. You combined both techniques in an awesome way on your page. The focal image with birds is gorgeous and perfect for spring. And THANK YOU for joining Craftlandia Challenge, my friend. Sending you a big hug and many many kisses.

CJ Kennedy said...

The text pages really bring your eye to the bird image. Those little birds are so cute.

Divers and Sundry said...

Birds of Spring, highlighted :)

Zoechaos said...

I'm really enjoying visiting your pages and getting to see your creativity. Apologies for not stopping by and commenting more often but I'm sure you understand just how much time "life" can take up! This Spring celebration is wonderful thank you for adding to the River of Creativity. xx

carol l mckenna said...

Oh this delightful ~ wonderful feel to your art and message for Spring ~ so creative ~ Xo

Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

this is a really pretty piece Elizabeth !!! nice work :) ♥

craftytrog said...

It's a beautiful page Elizabeth! I love the book text backgrounds, and that lovely image.
Alison

Jeanie said...

Spring IS in the air here. And you captured it perfectly!

My name is Erika. said...

I love spring being in the air. Your image is fun too. I love those little playful birds. And is that Greek writing on the paper framing your image? How cool. I love the look. I hope your week is going well and the sore parts of your body are feeling better. hugs-Erika

Linda said...

Very creative! I am excited by the signs of spring.

brenda said...

A delightful piece of inky creation, thanks so much for joining us at River of Creativity.

B x

Meggymay said...

A fabulous springtime page that promises us that spring could well be on its way when you look at the images.
Sorry I'm late calling in.
Yvonne xx

Jenn Jilks said...

A lovely image.

DVArtist said...

Ohh this is so pretty. Have a nice day.

kathyinozarks said...

Lovely page Elizabeth

Ayla said...

Hello, you have made a very beautiful work. The birds ilustration is very cheerful and contrasts very well on the coffee dyed paper.
Thanks a lot for joining Craftlandia Challenge with us :D
Kisses!!!!

Diana Moriel said...

What a lovely art journal page, beautiful! Thank you for joining the Craftalandia Challenge!
Kisses

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Sweet folk art birds on the branch, I really love those colours. The book text works really well as an extra mixed media layer, always a go too for me. Spring sure is in the air in my little part of the world but I think the birds will be getting a shock next week as temperature is set to plummet.
Wishing you lots of spring sunshine and Thank you for sharing @ Creative Artiste and joining in with our March Challenge.
Hugs Tracey xx

Christi Conley said...

Oh how I miss Altered Books Round Robins, back in the day it didn't cost a small fortune to mail something!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful page (I love the background colors!) with us at River of Creativity ~ Christi

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh yes, this is SPRING!! I love this beautifully layered page! Hugs, Chrisx