Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Food Wednesday meets Art Journal Journey

 

Today I'm once again joining my friend Kathy at Hummingbird Woodland Studio and her Food Wednesday.  It's where we share anything food related.  I checked the rules, which are thankfully none, except we are asked to write a post about food.  That's why I'm also joining Valerie, our host at Art Journal Journey with her Spring theme. What says Spring better than deviled eggs?

I love deviled eggs.  I wish I was half this talented.  If I were, I would definitely be making these very different and unique deviled eggs. I'll even show them up close and personal.











The Devil(ed egg) is in the detail.  A bit of a play on words.

I started this page using 110 lb. cardstock to which I added pink staz-on and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  The images were fussy cut and came from a food magazine (maybe Martha Stewart or Real Simple, both gifted by my foodie friend Sally).  The words were computer generated and glued in place.

Now let's check out what food related posts Kathy and the Food Wednesday group have shared this week, as well as Valerie's Spring theme at Art Journal Journey.
 
This will be my final Food Wednesday until April 27.  I invite each of you to stop by daily beginning on the 1st and continuing for 22 days where I share something I recycle, reuse, reduce, rethink, re-invent, redesign, re-craft, recover, restore, rebuild, revamp, reclaim, and/or re-purpose to keep it out of the landfill or the recycle center.  It all ends on what others call Earth Day, but I call bEARTHday.
 
 

24 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmm, yummy, now I wish I had eggs in the house!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Elizabeth, perfect post for Valerie's Spring theme and my Food theme. deviled eggs are the perfect food for spring and upcoming Easter too.
thank you so much for linking up for Food Wednesdays and I look forward to your month of recycling posts

Elephant's Child said...

I don't think I have ever had devilled eggs. Asking Google for the recipe makes me wonder why not...

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, great idea! Hugs, Valerie

Rain said...

Hi Elizabeth! ☺ Oh I just love deviled eggs but the devil is truly in them because I can't eat yolks! I wonder if I can make a yolk-less deviled egg? Don't think it would be the same though!

craftytrog said...

A very yummy page Elizabeth, those eggs all look good.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like deviled eggs, though mine are boring lol not fancy like the ones you picture.

CJ Kennedy said...

Clever post. Those fancy eggs would make a great brunch item

Christine said...

Who knew there could be so many delicious variations on devilled eggs?

DVArtist said...

A brilliant post. I love the art of it.

Jeanie said...

I love deviled eggs and making them in different ways! They're the best Easter dish ever!

Rita said...

I have never had a fancy deviled egg. Just the plain old variety...and those are good! :)

Mae Travels said...

Deviled eggs have always been my favorite choice to take to potlucks. I don't do anything fancy, just put an olive slice on top or a parsley leaf. Everything is better with mayo!

I am looking forward to the return of potlucks when the pandemic is over but sometimes I think that time isn't ever going to go back and there won't be any more of them in the same way as before.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

da tabbies o trout towne said...

me too !! I could eat deviled eggs every day and never tire of them !!! ☺☺♥3

jinxxxygirl said...

We are a deviled egg house! I only make them for the Holidays though... for health and weight reasons..lol I often make them to take to get togethers and such... I enjoy making them actually. I decorate them as my Mother did.. Sprinkle of paprika on each one and a dash of parsley... Yum!

Carola Bartz said...

I love deviled egg but have never made them myself - I don't think I have the patience (or the talent). Yours make my mouth water and I love the sentiment as well.

Sharon Madson said...

My husband loves deviled eggs! That is what I fix him when I think he deserves a treat. I wanted to also come tell you an answer to your question about the airport. I thought you wouldn’t go back and look at the answer. It was not Jabara , but was Stearman Airpark in Benton Ks. Have a great rest of the week.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun idea for an AJJ post. I haven't had a deviled egg in a very very long time, and now I want some. There are some creative takes on deviled eggs here too. The one with bacon and the one with the red pepper strips look particulary good. Fun idea for a page my friend. Hugs-Erika

Lowcarb team member said...

Great post for both themes ...
Eggs are so nutritious.

All the best Jan

Sandra Cox said...

Don't those look good! The deviled egg is in the detail. Ha.

aussie aNNie said...

Great themes and fab post, love my curried egg...

Neet said...

Wow, someone certainly likes decorating her devilled eggs. Whenever i see them I am reminded of my American friend - when we stayed with her one of her favourite makes was always devilled eggs. Nothing so fancy but delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

These devilled eggs do look inviting, so much work in the decorative detail to be eaten with a few bites.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

They all look delicious! Chrisx