Today we're out and about.

After running a few errands last week, my foodie friend Sally took me to a new-to-me place to eat. It's an original "greasy spoon." According to my search assist:
A greasy spoon
is a small, cheap restaurant (often serving lots of fried food) that
typically offers quick, simple meals. It’s also used as slang for a no-frills place known for basic food.

Note that a greasy spoon serves a lot of fried food. This is the menu. It can't be removed from the wall, even though it appears others have tried. Everything here is fried. Note the table top. Exactly like a boomerang pattern I have seen in 1950s magazines.

I took a photo of this sign on the wall.

Do you see the sign in the back advertising Mountain Dew is sold there?

I ordered large french fries and onion rings. The waitress asked if I was sure I wanted large. She even brought out the brown basket and showed me how much larger it was. I said "YES, Please." Note my water with lemon and Sally's water in the background. You can also see Sally's onion rings.

The basket is so large, I couldn't get it in one shot. I assure you, those are home style fries, not from a bag. And yes, that is grease. Heart attack in the making.

There were less onion rings, but they were also homemade.
Now it's your turn to share your own drink related post. It can be
gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail
art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed
media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is
digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back
to a drink, any drink. Regardless,
please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T
gang will be by to visit. Please link only your T post and not your
blog in general. Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken
any time, not just on Tuesday and most assuredly not just this year.
6 thoughtful remarks:
I love a greasy spoon! I love that neon sign, I have some signs like that on my kitchen wall. And what's wrong with grease?? It's not like we eat like that every day, those fries look so good.
That kind of restaurant has yummy old-fashioned home-style food, but my doctor would be upset at me for eating there, because my cholesterol numbers would go way up high. LOL! Have a blessed week, my friend!
Yum. Onion rings and fries may not be the healthiest, but how often do you actually eat them? I love a nice greasy spoon. Fries and onions rings are perfect. Happy T day. hugs-Erika
Happy T Day.
All the best Jan
Some of the best places to eat are "greasy spoons" not all but these look like good fries and onion rings. Yum,
My husband likes this place, but our favorite is TJs near where you were with same kind of food! Ok, I posted earlier today, then forgot to link here! Happy T Day!
Post a Comment