Please be aware, the blogs I love to visit in my left sidebar have not updated for over a week. Another blogger glitch.
Over the past two weekends, I binged on shows on Prime and PBS.
This is the third time I've watched this feel good movie. You will find it on Prime. There are some big names in this show, including Hugh Jackman, Emma Thompson, Molly Gordon, and Hong Chau as humans.
Of course, the real stars of the show are the sheep, who solve the murder, even though they find it difficult to communicate with the local policeman. The sheep are voiced by such greats as Patrick Stewart, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Bryan Cranston, Chris O’Dowd, Regina Hall, Bella Ramsey, Brett Goldstein, and Rhys Darby. I highly, highly recommend this film. And, don't forget your tissues. You'll probably need them.
The film is based on
the book Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann.
I watched all six episodes of The Marlow Murder Club. The episodes are based on Robert Thorogood’s novel. As an aside, Thorogood is the creator of Death In Paradise and the British spin-off Beyond Paradise. If you have PBS Passport, you can watch all six shows. If not, you can watch the current week's episode on Prime video or PBS. There are three mysteries, with two episodes each. The stars of the show are Samantha Bond, Jo Martin, Cara Horgan, and Natalie Dew (the DI, not shown). I love these women and this show. They prove that women (of a certain age) can solve crimes.
I also binged on Marble Hall Murders which is a Masterpiece mystery on PBS. The six episode show was once again written by Anthony Horowitz. Lesley Manville reprises her role as Susan Ryeland. Per PBS:
Marble Hall Murders follows Horowitz’s devilishly clever format of a mystery-within-a-mystery, as Susan takes on the commission of an Atticus Pünd “continuation novel,” Pünd’s Last Case, which places the famed detective in Corfu. It’s all very vintage Christie, Evil Under the Sun, people in hats and white linens doing wicked deeds. Meanwhile in present day London, Susan’s young, troubled author brings a fresh infusion of mayhem to Susan’s world…and our screens!
Tim McMullan reprises his role as Atticus Pünd. He solves the 1955 murders.
Susan Ryeland solves the murders in current time. She also surprises us with other news in the end. I suspect we haven't seen the last of her (or Anthony Horowitz's mysteries)!
Have you seen any of these films? Please let me know in comments.


0 thoughtful remarks:
Post a Comment