Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Live your life in color

 

Today you will find me at Try it on Tuesday, where I have been invited to be this fortnight's guest designer.  As I'm sure you can tell by the title, this post is about color.  Those who frequent my blog have read many times how I am driven by color.

I give you Live Your Life In Color.  I have a few close up shots, too.

Live is colored in a deep lavender watercolor pencil.  The font is Tiffany Black.  The letter is outlined in a deep lavender dye ink.

Your is also outlined in the same dye ink.  The font is Rubber Stamp.

Life was smudged with the dye ink.  The font was Scrabble Tiles.  In was outlined in the same dye ink and colored with a deep purple watercolor pencil.  The font was Mona Lisa Recut.

Color was created using stencils, felt tip markers, and two color wheels printed from the internet.  The stencils were outlined using a black Posca pen.  The L was intended to be blue, but I didn't realize the yellow paint beneath it would turn it turquoise.  I kept adding more and more marker ink, which eventually bled under the stencil.

I fussy cut the two color wheels, but I am not very good with cutting circles.

I needed more lavender because I had none in the background colors.  I used two types of punchinella (sequin waste), one of which were the stars you see above.

The other were circles that took the dye ink better.

When I placed the page on the scanner, it curled and distorted the box of crayons I so carefully fussy cut. I originally considered using the phrase "Color your world," then decided on the one I later chose.  I decided to use the box of crayons I printed from my color laser scanner, anyway.

I started by dry brushing Golden fluid acrylics on my sheet of 110 lb cardstock.  I began with yellow, then worked my way to the top of the page with orange and red.  I didn't clean my brush until I got to the cool colors.  You can tell I ran out of room before I got to purple, which is why I used that color on the accents and words.

Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me at Try it on Tuesday.  We look forward to seeing your own interpretation of Make it Colorful.  You can make any type of entry you choose, such as cards, bookmarks, ATCs, ATCoins, paintings, even 3-D items as long as you follow the theme.  Thanks again for this true honor.
 
 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I do love colour. Lots of it. Thank you.

Mae Travels said...

I can’t resist linking to a post I did about colors:
https://maefood.blogspot.com/2010/01/edible-colors.html

I agree with you that color is a marvelous experience.
best, mae

Tom said...

...color is an important part of life.

My name is Erika. said...

I'm with you about how great color is and how boring life would be without it. I like how you went with crayons too. That was a really clever idea. And I'm glad you're our guest for this challenge. You certainly did this challenge right! Happy Tuesday. hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

Color, yes! I've always loved Crayola crayons.

Rita said...

Oh, how we treasured those big boxes of Crayons!!
Love the new theme. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautifully colourful page! Loving the bright bold background with the crayon packaging and wording - perfect 😊. Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer over at Try it on Tuesday and for the fabulous inspiration. Happy September! Hugs, Jo x

da tabbies o trout towne said...

elizabeth, this is a really cool piece‼️those crayons bring back fond
memories for sure 😺😺🐟💙💚

N bleu and squiggles…eye hope ewe doodz are doin grate 🐟🐟‼️😺

Joan said...

Lots of fabulous colours and I love the words too. Lovely to have you as guest designer on Try it on Tuesday

Joan

Jeanie said...

This will be a fun collection. I like the theme (and your use of the color wheel!)

Meggymay said...

Its lovely to have you as our Guest Designer for this theme at TioT's Elizabeth. Its a fantastic colourful page and I love how you included the colour wheel. Great inspiration for everyone to see.
Yvonne

Viv said...

Life is definitely better with Colour (and chocolate!) . A great page and the fussy cut colour wheels were an inspired choice. Thanks for being our Guest Designer at TIOT!

Iris Flavia said...

Fun idea. Oh, shoot, I gave mine away for free to the local school as I had no idea what to do with them.
But I have some metallic ones left (somewhere).
Great work! To colors!

Jenn Jilks said...

That makes me emotional, seeing the crayon packages. We really do have to clean out some of my art supplies.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm so pleased to see you as our Guest Designer! Those Crayola crayons were the start of making colour for so many of us - I love this happy page! Hugs, Chrisx

peppylady (Dora) said...

I like playing with colors. There no color I dislike.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Elizabeth, love the rainbow coloured background and the purple accents on the wording.
Adding the Crayola box is perfect as I think it's probably most children's first introduction to colouring.
It's lovely to have you as our Guest Designer at TioT for this Challenge.
Avril xx