Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Second on the 2nd: SOC 2013 Week 6

 

Don't you just hate acronyms?  I sure do.  SOC stands for Summer Of Color.  I joined four of the five years, because I didn't know about it the first year.  

As most of you know, whenever possible, I like my Second Look to somehow reflect what our current host at Art Journal Journey is featuring.  That means I had to look for something that reflected I've got a notion, the theme given us this month by Halle from Halle’s Hobbies.

This was created in July, 2013 and published as part of the Summer Of Color.  The colors we had to work with were Sage and Green.

  I was not exactly thrilled with these colors, because to me they scream vintage.  I'm fairly certain those who voted for these colors probably had something vintage-y in mind when they chose them.  Having said that, I set out to make something with a bit of vintage flair to it, using my limited supply of sage and vintage goodies.

The background was made by spreading three paint colors around using a plastic gift card.  I was trying to create sage and sepia with the colors I had on hand.  I assure you, the above photo is a truer representation of Sage and Sepia as I envisioned and created it than the scan I created below.

There were no settings on this little camera, so I saved the best shot I could find out of 16 in order to show the dimension of this piece that I knew would be lost when I scanned it.

Over the scraped background, I sewed dressmaker's tissue and a piece of old player piano paper that was so brittle, it broke in two places before I got it sewn.  Thankfully, my dear friend Annette sent me a foam template of the die cut dress mannequin.  I used it to dry brush the image onto the page.  Next, I added the seam binding at the top, then cut the ribbon holders from paint chip samples.  Finally, I added three ribbons I thought would compliment sage and sepia.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  If your T Stands For Tuesday post is the same as your Second on the 2nd, please share it both places.  This is for Second on the 2nd, only.
 
 

.

. ...

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
If you are having trouble getting your blog post to link, please try this url: https://fresh.inlinkz.com/p/11d39cdfd8ac4cdab5786b9581307985

6 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Your ingenuity blows me away.

Tom said...

...lovely shades of green.

My name is Erika. said...

I'm not an acronym fan either. But, they are easier than writing out words, like AJJ for example- grin. This is a really love piece. Have a great July 2. hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

You did well!
Isn't it interesting that we are drawn to particular colours?!

Rita said...

Cute and fits the colors well. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I find myself agreeing with Tom!
Lovely shades of green.

All the best Jan