Monday, July 1, 2024

T Stands For No New Photos

 

If your T Stands For Tuesday post is the same as your Second on the 2nd post (tomorrow), please link both places.

As some of you read on Friday, I am suddenly unable to place photos on my blog.  My photos are stored in a Virtual Box on my computer in PhotoShop.  Blogger no longer recognizes my Virtual Box.  I have NO idea what to do about the problem, at least for the moment.  Today we will revisit some of the places where I and friends (mostly my foodie friend, Sally) have eaten in the past.

  This has been a favorite spot for years.

  Sally and I used to go here a lot.  The owners spent a fortune remodeling.  When they did, they raised their prices, but the food was still good.  Then Covid hit.  They restricted their menu to one page and no lunch menu.  It wasn't long until they had to close their doors forever.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjPhdz9ZB1IXEcvwg0LhdpYsY8QfTJflGeNxu3YH-I5yCZslNevZOK-ultQF-E0ymM3WLHA1KOVby5bb6JgtUWz2qDF2WZXbbsqkMX9hb3eLZayCDvaE9ACvyDK9_BXi4fjqPqM/s1600/13.JPG  Another place where Sally and I used to go was Bishops.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh_WfSeFJtU9-kvlodjJFuaiMNg31JtjgLaVkAYjdPezphFx-Rx-vpkleQIxeVRT5AEfwdhfZl3nv0W2kh1f5_1ndwkBpXLzmtRQOfeXcXYlNq9yW0K3K8CSco0fkTc3n4WtM7l/s1600/15.JPG  Bishops served cafeteria style meals, although it was all you cared to eat.

  When we went one time, we found this sign on their door.

  One day Sally and I stopped by Quiznos for submarine sandwiches.  Both of us were disappointed with the quality and price.

  The next time we were by that strip mall, this is what we found.

  Sally and I also went to a buffet we loved, named Sweet Basil.

  The food was always good, and the buffet was to die for.  Then the unthinkable happened.

  A fire caused extensive damage to Sweet Basil, forcing them to close. A year later, they remodeled and were once again open for business.
 
Unfortunately, during that time, the restaurant changed ownership and the Sweet Basil we loved in the past now put a sour taste in our mouths.  The ambience was totally destroyed and was gray and sterile.  The food was of poor quality, the buffet was small and you had to make room for the servers as they headed to the kitchen to pick up ala carte orders.   Their 4 and 5 star reviews were now replaced with 0 and 1 stars.  I guess they are still in business, but I know I will never go back.  The staff was rude and uncaring, the food was dismal and overcooked, the salad was head lettuce and carrots that reminded me of bag lettuce I see at the grocery store.
 
http://mykababs.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/o-11-1.jpg  It wasn't long ago 
 
  I treated my friends Sally and Joseph to lunch at Kabobs.
 
  I'm sure many of you remember when Sally took me to Golden Corral for my birthday (and carrot cake).
 
  For Sally's birthday this year, I took her to China Inn.
 
  I treated my friend Scott to a meal at  


  I ordered a hummus and tabbouleh appetizer for us to share.  Scott ordered the soup of the day, which turned out to be cheesy tomato. 
 
  Scott had coffee and I chose water with lemon.  We hadn't finished our appetizers when the sandwiches arrived.
 
  I'm sure some of you remember when Sally and I went to Egg Crate.
 
  I ordered a veggie omelet.  I had my choice of four veggies and one cheese.  I also got fried potatoes (with onions) and rye toast.
 
  Many of you remember when Sally took me to Bel Ami for my birthday last year.
 
  Sally got Beef Medallions
 
  and I ordered Shrimp Scampi, French style.
 
  The waiter also brought me a piece of delicious birthday cake. 


  I'm going to close with a photo of Victor Hogstrom, President and CEO of PBS Kansas (on left) and Ian McNeice the English actor who plays Bert Large on Doc Martin (on right)
 
  He signed everyone's cups. too.
 
By now you probably know the "rules," but in case you don't, please show something drink related. It can be photos, a place you visited, movies, tea cups, coffee mugs, a tea or coffee service, postcards, books, magazines, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, ATCs, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday, and not just this year.
  



Please remember, if your T Stands For Tuesday post is the same as your Second on the 2nd post (tomorrow), please link both places.
 
If anyone wants to trade an ATC and two postcards for the anniversary swap, let me know, please.


14 thoughtful remarks:

Sharon Madson said...

I posted! LOL. Elizabeth you mentioned some of our favorite restaurants from the past! Sweet Basil, miss them! We still go to Bagatelles. And we miss Bishops and Quiznos! One you didn’t mention that we miss is T& C or Town& Country. We were really sad when they closed. We miss Golden Corral on this side of town. Stay cool, dear friend.

Mae Travels said...

Too bad that you have one more worry about the way your computer is behaving! I hope you’ll be able to find your photos soon. Meanwhile, it’s a pleasure to see the good meals you have enjoyed with Sally in the past, and to sympathize with the meals that weren’t so good.
My wrap up for June had at least three drinks in it so I linked it today.
Thanks for hosting … mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elephant's Child said...

I am sorry that you have lost so many favourite restaurants - and hope you find more to replace them. I also hope you get access to your photos again. Hugs.

Rita said...

So many restaurants closed!
I hope your computer settles down. Blogger has been really touchy and obstinate, too. *sigh*
Happy soon-to-be 4th! :)

Carola Bartz said...

Bummer that you can't upload photos to Blogger, that is very annoying. However, you managed a post with beautiful photos nevertheless. Many restaurants went out of business here as well, because of COVID. That was a really tough time for them, and afterwards many of them raised their prices and added odd mandatory fees. We simply don't enjoy eating out that much anymore. Happy T day! Hugs - Carola

Lisca said...

How annoying that Blogger doesn’t let you access your photos. But you did somehow manage to put together a blogpost. Yes, I do remember seeing quite a few of those posts. You’re actually making me hungry showing me all that nice food.
I’m on a diet now as I’ve put on a few kilos.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Tom said...

...once I had a problem uploading photos, I restarted my computer and it fixed itself. I use Chrome which works best fo me.

Cloudia said...

Sweet Basil is Sweet Phoenix!

Iris Flavia said...

Blogger throws fit after fit. Sad.
Very sad with DeFazio´s and Bishops. Darn Covid hurt so many everywhere. So many shops have closed down here in Braunschweig, too. In Perth a whole mall...
An awful fire. And a very sad turn.
Glad you still have yummy places to go and you made me hungry, too ;-)

My name is Erika. said...

That's too bad you couldn't link up your photos for t day. I've had to change a lot of ways I've loaded photos. Computer technology changes, and it seems it never changes to continue make things simple for users. But that doesn't help you, does it? You shared some super second look photos. This could have been your second on the second post. Grin. I hope other than the computer you feel great and have a super T day. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

It's always sad when favorite restaurants close. Especially when you can't find another favorite restaurant. I hope your Blogger woes resolve soon. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

You've made me hungry! Ian McNeice is one of our favorites from way back. I save photos/images to folders on my computer, easily accessible, and then I can just upload them directly to blogger. I hope you find a way that works for you.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do hope your Blogger issues will soon be sorted.

All the best Jan

Spyder said...

sorry I'm late(again!) I forgot to post! What a shame about your favourite eatting house. Hope you're well and feeling fit! For once my blogger troubles aren't too bad! They've gone back to allowing me to upload my pictures in the old way, which is soooooo much quicker! I got to have some I had carrot cake the other day, went to visit a cat I often look after as her owner was taking her the vet and was hoping he'd say that she was getting better, or....not. luckily puss cat was ok, so I got to have some cuddles with her.Have a great crafty week. ((Lyn))