Monday, July 1, 2024

Round and Round

 
I want to begin by thanking Matilde from 100% Handmade/Craftowanie for doing such a wonderful job with her What Makes You Happy theme.  I wish I could have played more because her theme certainly made me happy. We definitely want Matilde to host again.

Halle from Halle’s Hobbies is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme for the entire month is I've got a notion.  She wants to see sewing, real or faux, or things that pertain to sewing.  She provides a great deal of information on the Art Journal Journey blog.

For lack of a better term, I'm calling this Round and Round.  I have included several detail shots.






My plan is to create a journal I will sew together at the end of July.  I started this page by adhering dressmaker's tissue to the page, which is 5 X 8 in (127 X 203 mm).  Once dry, I sewed a gifted library card to a seam binding wrapper I had in my stash.  I adhered that assembly to the page using a dry adhesive (The Ultimate).  I used the same adhesive to affix the yo-yo that was gifted me by our host this month, my dear friend Halle.  I then added the rick rack to the bottom using more adhesive.

Halle, Chris, Erika, Valerie, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey as you share your own interpretation of I've got a notion.
 
We welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose, or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  I (and some of the administrators) cannot leave comments on Facebook or Instagram entries.  We do not allow cards, tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Please remember if your blog is not in English, we ask that you translate it for us since the translation tool doesn't work on some blogs, including mineHope to see you and your notions soon at Art Journal Journey.   
 
I also want to wish all my Canadian friends a very beautiful Canada Day.  Although it is often called Canada's birthday, it is much more than that, as any Canadian will tell you.
 
 

11 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

What an interesting theme. And Happy Canada Day to all those who celebrate.

Neet said...

As soon as I saw the theme I thought of you and your blog. I have always loved how you often have stitched into your journal pages and I am sure you will love Halle’s theme.
A great page to set off with, love the little rosettes you used.
Hugs Neet xxx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a cool sewing page. I love the blue, the papers, and the bits of sewing ephemera. Both the seam binding label, the stitching and the little stitched (what do you call those?) item. (Are they lazy daisies??? Hmmm. I'm up for work at the lake this morning and it's early so my brain is not yet awake.) Happy July to you!!!! hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...around and round we go, where we stop nobody knows.

Halle said...

I love the vintage elements you used. The library card is so yummy! Such a fun take on my theme! I look forward to seeing more.

Rita said...

Perfect theme for you!
Happy Canada Day to all our northern friends. :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page reminds me of the buttons that come on cards that you buy at the sewing notions store. We had one called Windsor Button that I loved to visit and browse through. thanks for the memory

Nancy said...

A sewing notion theme combined with upcycling materials- a perfect combo!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is fabulous Elizabeth and I love how you used the library card, hugs, Chrisx

Katerinas Blog said...

Perfect topic!
Fabrics,
threads,
papers,
sewing.
Very creative!!

Barb said...

Great take on the challenge! I love the addition of a library card! Very cool piece!