Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Nevermore

 

It's a new month and we welcome a new host, as we always do on the first.  Normally, I would thank the previous month's host for a job well done, but that host is also one of our co-hosts this month. This month two moderators of Art Journal Journey are our hosts.  Please give a warm welcome once again to the much respected Valerie, who can be found at Bastelmania and a warm welcome to the talented Erika who many of you know as BioArtGalValerie's and Erika's theme is Poetry.  Valerie is up first, then Erika follows.

To be honest, I know practically nothing about poetry.  I do, however, remember Poe, as in Edgar Allen.

Quote the Raven, "Nevermore."  Detail shots below.


I started by finding a raven on the internet.  For the background, I used a stencil brush and one of my favorite stencils, the brick wall.

Valerie, Erika, Chris, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey as you share your own interpretation of Poetry.
 
We welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose, or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  We cannot leave comments on Facebook or Instagram entries.  We do not allow cards, tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Please remember if your blog is not in English, we ask that you translate it for us since the translation tool doesn't work on some blogs, including mineHope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey.   
 
 

13 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

LOVE that raven. They are one of my favourite birds - intelligent and family minded.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your raven, he is so handsome, and Poe's poem is beautiful. I love watching them here and often wake to their harsh and strident tones! Thanks for a beautiful first entry for our new challenge! Hugs!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A great choice Elizabeth, so much to take in with Poe and the Raven.
Wishing you a happy creative May Tracey x

pearshapedcrafting said...

A great chilling poem and your Raven looks suitably stern. Ravens are fascinating birds, hugs Chrisx

Tom said...

...Happy May Day to all.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great start to this month at AJJ Elizabeth. I love that raven and the nevermore quote. He/she is very handsome. And nice stenciled background too. The crow really pops up against it. And before I forget, besides a thank you for this page, I hope you have a great start to the new month, AND maybe you'll find some more poetry too. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Handsome raven.

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this is fantastic! I love that brick wall behind your raven, and I just love Edgar Allen Poe as I have a large book with his poems and lost it when my son took it, but I didn't mind and don't blame him! LOL This is going to be a great inspirational month to see what everyone comes up with! Thanks for your wonderful idea!

Gillena Cox said...

Nice!!! Have a happy month of May

much🤍love

Christine said...

Handsome Raven.

Jeanie said...

That's a beautiful shot of the raven, Elizabeth!

Iris Flavia said...

I LOVE raven, especially the Australian ones who really "talk" (ours don´t - yours???) - but poetry is really not mine...

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your Raven.

Wishing you a happy month of May.

All the best Jan