Thursday, May 2, 2024

Second on the 2nd: Poetry

 

As most of you know, whenever possible, I like my Second Look to somehow reflect what our current host at Art Journal Journey is featuring.  That means I had to look for something that reflected Poetry, the theme which Valerie and Erika share this month.

This post was created for two very different challenges from two different challenge blogs that are no longer with us. One prompt was Rhyme Time and the other was Poetry.  This entry was originally published in September, 2014, and contains the ONE and ONLY poem I ever wrote.


It was even published in a national teen magazine, although, for the life of me, I can no longer remember the name of it.

After all, I was only 11 when I wrote and submitted it.  Actually, if truth be told (and again, I simply don't remember) I suspect I talked my Grandmother (Grands raised me from birth) into submitting it for me.

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg3lGUzVcwFt_Wl9YeQ53hfpNTKuY1eVnmVYSMg2FlwCKXOFnqqY8nNv7J850gRCvLQI8RvrM_5dFXroVlu_3S-7ZnKC2fUbMMX27n9ZJSvCNiyV_r2eStNdB7q7yhyphenhyphen5Kod7A6p/s1600/Tree.jpg  While trying to create this entry, I looked high, low, and everywhere in between for the tree image I though I owned (in green).  But it must have belonged to my friend Kathy, because it was in with a bunch of stamped images I had received from a stamping swap I participated in years and years and years ago.  I did, on the other hand, find the other tree, but should have left it off, since I didn't stamp it nearly as well as the tree I had received in the swap. 

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit. 

 


 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

You should write another poem!

Lisca said...

What a lovely poem. Food for thought!

Elephant's Child said...

Love your poem. And I would have been better off dating trees than some people I can think of...

Valerie-Jael said...

I, too, think trees are mostly better than boys! Hugs!

Tom said...

...being a visual person, words have never come easy for me.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun page and a fun poem. See, you can do poetry. :) No time this morning so this will be short, but happy second on the second!

CJ Kennedy said...

What a fun memory. Cute poem.

Christine said...

Lovely page

Katerinas Blog said...

Excellent page and poem!
Thank you very much for the challenge/invitation!

Rita said...

Very good and clever for an 11 year old! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed your poem.

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

Big, big WOW!!! Great poem and only 11 years old!!!! Wow. You are genius! Keep on doing this! Perfect month for it!

Violetta said...

Oh, a wonderful poem dear ELizabeth....As far as I remember I never wrote poems...This time I have added a 5 year old post in my blog.
Have a good time and all the best
Violetta

Hena Tayeb said...

That was sweet. Nicely done at the age of 11.