Monday, May 6, 2024

bEARTHday T

 

 I'm inviting you to share my bEARTHday celebrations in food and drink.

As I explained last week, my No Name friends took me to dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant.  Most everyone knows I will order Chili Rellenos, but there were none on the menu where we went.  Instead, we started with a Mexican soup I had never had before.  It had various pastas, onions, and potatoes.  
 
Next came a tomatillo salad with cilantro-lime dressing.  It was garnished with slices of avocado and lime wedges.
They also gifted me with this lovely bouquet of flowers.

The next day, my foodie friend Sally

took me to Golden Corral, where I got 

carrot cake, not quite as good as my grandmother always made for my birthday, but acceptable at least.

Sally is pigging out on fresh fruit and I am drinking ice water with lemon.  For me it's cake first!!!

Now you've shared my bEARTHday with me, it's time to share your own drink related post.  It can be photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants. 



24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I hope you will not be affected by the tornadoes. I am glad you were able to enjoy so many birthday celebrations! Happy T day!

Elephant's Child said...

I love your bouquet - and am glad that you had not one but two celebrations.

Cloudia said...

Enjoy your wonderful celebrations!

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful flowers, and your birthday meal sounds really delicious, which reminds me I have not made us tamales in a very long time, I may surprise Larry with those one day,
My Grandma always made carrot cake for us kids I need to see if I have her recipe. Happy T Elizabeth

Tom said...

...I love carrot cake!

DVArtist said...

I love Mexican food. So glad you were able to enjoy it. Yummmm carrot cake. Nice birthday.

Christine said...

A lovely birthday!

My name is Erika. said...

It sounds like you had some yummy food and celebrated your birthday in a nice way also. Birthdays should be celebrated. I hope you don't have any big storms. I saw on the news tonight that they sent some planes from a Kansas Air Force base here to NH because the storms could be terrible. I hope you stay safe my friend. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Great birthday foods and flowers! :)

Iris Flavia said...

It is 05:10 a.m. and I crave Mexican food! So nice of your friends to take you out, even the cake looks great and ohhhhh, the flowers.

Lisca said...

I hope you are safe from the storm! And that it will blow over soon.
Looks like you celebrated your bEARTHday twice. The Mexican meal certainly sounds nice. I might have said so before but I'm not familiar with Mexican food (although I have Mexican friends) because there are no Mexican restaurants in my area, which I find really strange. Why not? I would love to eat Mexican food. It all sounds really nice.
Your carrot cake also looks very delicious. It even has a candle on it.
But best of all is the bunch of flowers I think. How beautiful, and it's really special to be given flowers.
Happy T-Day, although you might have to spend it in the basement.
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

I hope the all clear was sounded and you and the boys are safe and sound. No damage to your home. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday celebration with flowers, a cupcake, and cookies to prolong the celebration. And carrot cake, too! Happy Bearth Day and Happy T Day

da tabbies o trout towne said...


very nice meals and a two great bearthday gifts ..T time ‼️
I hope you and your family and friends stay safe Elizabeth, it’s
been a rough season so far and it’s not over yet 🙀
bleu and squiggles…ewe stay in de basement when elizabeth takez
ewe down starez…oh kay…due knot try N come bak up🙀pawz
crossed all ree manez well 💚💙💚🐟

My name is Erika. said...

Just responding to your comment question. No, no return address on the card from Elle. And yes, the cake recipe needs a million bowls. It's the one big downside because it tasted great. hugs-Erika

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, I enjoyed sharing your bEARTHday with you and your friends - and also stole a few pieces of cake ;-) - is that okay for you? I hope you weren't too sad because you didn't get chili rellenos. The birthday menu certainly sounds delicious.
All the best and happy T-Day, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/05/rostrosen-alltag-nach-der-reise.html

jinxxxygirl said...

Happy Bearthday Elizabeth!!! I too hope you escaped the storms... We had several close calls here in TX.. at least too close for me.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Dianne said...

Oh, Happy bEARTHday to you! Looks like you had a lovely time at dinner, and the flowers are so pretty! Carrot cake is one of my favorites, excellent choice!
hugs from Ohio
Dianne

Violetta said...

That sounds good, that looks good, and surely did it taste so. Happy T-day and a pleasent time.
All the best
Violetta

And of course Happy Birthday dear Elizabeth

Spyder said...

What fabulous bearthday cakes you had! And all that food too! Never had Mexican, so I'm not sure what any of it is! (My world is soooooo small!) but it's making me feel hungery! I haven't made carrot cake for a long time but it was always, even if I do say so myself, very yummy! Happy T Day! ((Lyn))

Lowcarb team member said...

It looks and sounds a wonderful birthday celebration, I enjoyed the photographs you've shared here.
Take care, sending my good wishes.

All the best Jan

Hena Tayeb said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

Cloudia said...

Delightful viands and company!

Lowcarb team member said...

I hope you were not affected by the tornadoes.

I do like carrot cake :)

All the best Jan

Nadia Adams said...

"Such a creative and heartwarming project! Celebrating birthdays with personalized altered books is such a unique idea. And for those looking to embark on their own creative journey without breaking the bank, macorner discount code could be a valuable resource for finding deals on art supplies and materials. Keep spreading joy through your beautiful creations!"