Saturday, April 13, 2024

Walk on the Wild Side

 

I've created a recycled spread in my Cats altered book today thanks to another tag I received in a tag swap a few years ago.

This is called "Walk on the Wild Side."  Detail shots are below.



The tag was created by a lady who I recently learned is no longer alive.  She also sent the spotted paper.  Since I'm driven by color, I found her "S" a bit jarring.  The cat, on the other hand, is really clever and well done.  I sewed the tag to the page.

For the top right side, I sewed bits I found in my stash to which I added four paw prints from a stencil.  For the gifted bottom right, I added the "laughter" rub-on that was mostly intact.  I also sewed this to the page.

This is Day 13 of 22 and I recycled a tag, a gifted added piece, and two disparate pieces of paper from my overflowing stash.

 

9 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Another great creation.

Iris Flavia said...

Puh. Sad to read another one has passed.
But you made very good use of her gift. Laughter... We did laugh at my Mom´s funeral, so many funny stories about her. A good good-bye, thank you for the reminder.
Love the tiger, too!

Tom said...

...a nice mix!

My name is Erika. said...

That lady made a cool tag. I love the big leopard on it. And your page looks super. Happy weekend my friend. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Good work

CJ Kennedy said...

Love it and now I have an earworm 😸

DVArtist said...

Nice that you used those supplies. It is a wonderful piece. Have a nice weekend.

Jenn Jilks said...

These are so nice to see. Such creativity. I tried felting yesterday, but my heart wasn't in it.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like this creation, and I too now have an earworm :)

All the best Jan