Friday, April 12, 2024

More tissue talk

 

Today I'm back with another background technique, this time with more tissue paper.

Supplies, left to right:

Large sheet of tissue paper (color of your choice)

Gold indoor/outdoor spray paint

Distress Ink (color of your choice)

Scrunch tissue paper, then unfold.  Scrunch as many times as it takes to get the desired effect for which you are going.

Smooth slightly, but leave various peaks and valleys.

Run your distress ink over the tissue.  When I tried to run the brown over the page, I found it was completely dry.  The only other color pad I had was called "Stormy Sky," which I feared might not show on the blue tissue.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how much darker the ink was than the tissue.  You can see it in the lower right side of the photo.

Spray gold paint loosely


in spots over the tissue.  You will probably need to iron the tissue before you adhere it to a background.

Ruminations:

1.  Once again, be sure your products are in working order before you begin your project.
2.  The key is to spray the paint lightly and only in a few spots.  That way the ink can show through.
3.  I suggest you iron the tissue from the back side before adhering it to any material.  Use a pressing sheet or parchment paper.
4.  Use these tissues in altered books, journal pages, or cards.  Cut to size needed.

This is Day 12 and I recycled tissue paper and repurposed spray paint.


4 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

What an intriguing effect.

Tom said...

...wrinkles galore.

My name is Erika. said...

I love crinkled tissue paper. And I love how it can be enhanced. This is really lovely with the dark blue and gold paint. Have a great Friday. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Creates so much texture and color! :)