Thursday, March 21, 2024

What Squiggles has to say


Today I'm sharing this post with three challenges: Art Journal Journey, Friday Face Off, and Friday Smiles.  Faux Squiggles is for Nicole's Friday Face Off.  Of course, Squiggles is also for Chris's On All Fours theme at Art Journal Journey.  And because I have little else to smile about this week, except the fact I voted, let's also join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.  

I continue to get "Failed to Publish" when I leave a comment.  It took three days for my comments to CJ to publish, and I still can't publish my comments from last Friday to Lisca or Kate.

I am sorry if I didn't visit last week, but Blogger told me I was over my limit of blogs I could visit.  I also am unable to leave comments on blogs with "embedded," as opposed to "pop-up" and "new page" comments.  In case you are wondering, embedded comments are at the end of the post.  They are actually a continuation of the post and are found at the end.  My blog uses a "pop-up" comments box.  

But enough of my moaning.

Squiggles often takes a back seat to Bleubeard, who everyone knows is the face of our blog.  Today all that changes, since he is the star of the show. 

We are going to learn what Squiggles has to say.

"Yes, Elizabeth, I am talking to you.
 
I swear this could be Squiggles.  He looks so much like the image I found in an old Reader's Digest.  I also found each of the messages Squiggles has to tell us.
 

Although the scanner cut it off, this is a real whisker that fell out when I was cuddling Squiggles.  

Below are detail shots of what Squiggles wants each cat lover to know.  And even if you aren't a cat lover, I'm sure you know at least one person who is.




I began by laying down one layer of a red napkin from my stash.  When dry, I affixed Faux Squiggles and the various messages I took from a very old gifted paperback Reader's Digest.  The real whisker was attached using E6000, but the scanner cut part of it off.  As you can see from the sentiment I colored in pink dye ink, my black laser printer is now working.  The last thing I did was stamp Bleubeard's famous "paw" to each of the messages.

I'm not sure whether I will be able to visit or not, since Blogger puts a limit to how many people I can visit a day.  I have shut my computer down numerous times which clears both my cache and my cookies.  I use Linux, which may be the reason.  I have NO Windows on my blog.  I promise to visit when and if I can.

23 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...I don't need faux squiggles, I have plenty of them.

Christine said...

Fun! My comments have been getting through I just keep trying

peppylady (Dora) said...

I like the name squiggles.

Rita said...

I like the interesting facts you added to the page, too.
I hope you figure out what the heck is going on with blogger! :)

Jenn Jilks said...

I like Squiggles!

mamapez5 said...

It was interesting to read all those little cat facts. You made a great journal page.
I am sorry about the comment problem. Yours always used to come through fine. But Angela did forwarda message from you. I guess my comments blog is 'embedded'. I will investigate that. Love to Squiggles. I am happy he got his day of fame. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, someone told me ages ago about pop-sup comment boxes and I changed mine which makes it much easier for everyone as you don't have to keep going up and down the blog to read long posts and make comments which I have to say drive me mad Lol! Anyway I love your journal pages and I'm sure Squiggles does too. Take care and have a lovely weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Great cat facts! And showing that some people are mean or dumb. I had time to watch cat-movies on FB. Those who put a gherkin behind a cat are just... dumb!
Blogger is just weird! A limit... what nonsense!! Hope you two (blogger and you) find a peaceful solution soon!!!

Gene Black said...

Cute Cat page.
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with Blogger. I sometimes can't comment as "me" when I am using my iPad.

DVArtist said...

As always a wonderful page with faux squiggles. That names just brings images of a cat trying to get out of your arms. Cats do let you know when they are mad at you.LOL Thank you for joining FFO and have a very nice weekend.

Annie said...

Milly wouldn't enjoy a cat here so I will just enjoy yours.
Hugs,
Annie x

Mia said...

Oh how funny! Squiggles is very clever!!!
Hugs, my friend, and hope that blogger will let you leave comments soon.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

squiggles…wavez two ewe dood 🐟‼️😺hope all
iz well and ewe, bleu and elizabeth haza grate week a head 💙💚

Nancy said...

We've been waiting to hear what Squiggles has to say- and it's all good information we need! Your issues with Blogger are truly puzzling. Hope someone has an answer for you. It's so frustrating. Thank Squiggles for us.

CJ Kennedy said...

Heym Squiggles! Interesting cat tidbits and I love the expression on the Squiggles' stand-in.

Valerie-Jael said...

Squiggles has a lot to say!

Lisca said...

I really enjoyed a blogpost about squiggles. As you rightly say, it's Bluebeard that's always in the limelight. And all the 'factoids' about cats was really interesting.
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Check your browser settings to ensure you are allowing "3rd party cookies" as your problem sounds exactly like what happens when you have this switched off. If you don't allow third party cookies, then google/blogger doesn't recognise you/your account which is why it is limiting your number of comments (you're basically not logged in as far as they are concerned, and you may be posting as "anonymous" and not realise it) and causing problems with photo uploads. Third party cookies are also required for embedded comments. A lot of people block these cookies for security reasons and some browsers like Safari block them by default, but they are needed to use your blogger account functions. Happy Saturday!

My name is Erika. said...

I love the expression on Squiggles face in that picture. Is that actually his photo? And he has some really interesting things to say. What a fun page for Chris' challenge I hope you have some more smiles this weekend than it sounds like your week went. and I hope your commenting issues clear up. hugs-Erika

WendyK said...

Really interesting Elizabeth, lots of things I didn't know, great idea. Hugs Wendy k

pearshapedcrafting said...

Faux Squiggles is fabulous- loved learning the language of cats, Thanks for another lovely page for my AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx

sirkkis said...

Great cat and message :))
Happy Easter to you xx

mamapez5 said...

Just thought I'd let you know that my comments are no longer embedded so that may make it a little easier for you. I did not know that we are limited to how many we can visit, but a lot of folk use linux so I don't think that is the reason. My husband wants me to change to Linux but I think it is more suited to office work than crafting, and I have heard that my Silhouette cutting machine does not work as well with is, so I am sticking with Windows for now.
This message is not intended for publishing, just for your information, but it may publish automatically. Kate x