Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Springtime scents

 

I suspect you are tired of reading this, but I am still getting a few "Failed to Publish."  Please understand if my comment is late. 

I am back with another entry for both Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey which is On All Fours, and Try it on Tuesday, which is their Spring theme.

Bleubeard and I have named this Springtime scents.  We have a few detail shots.




 This spread started as a calendar page, which I affixed to my Cats altered book.  I had a silk flower that I attached on the left, but it was so thick, the book wouldn't close or fit on the scanner.  After I saw my friend Erika's flowers she die cut for a similar spread, I had an epiphany.  I remembered I had some paper flowers I received years ago.  I originally planned to die them with Staz-on and alcohol, but found I had some that actually were close to the colors in the calendar.  The centers are little pink gems I had in my stash.

Thanks ever so much for stopping by today.  Bleubeard and I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday.
 


14 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...spring indeed is flower time.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

great page today Elizabeth ! now if we COULD
smell the flowers thru the pc screen ‼️😺🌸🌸🌸

Christine said...

Lovely!

CJ Kennedy said...

You had me at the black cat.

Barwitzki said...

Your site is wonderful - wonderful, this lush pink in all shades... it puts you in a good mood.
Yes, spring is coming and Easter is just around the corner :-)))
I also made a few spring cards for the very first time and it was fun.
A hug for you from Viola

Jeanie said...

You're right -- springtime scenes ARE the best!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely pink spring-time blossom.

All the best Jan

Rita said...

Cute page! Love the flowers and the black cat. :)

DVArtist said...

Wow! This is really a beautiful post, Elizabeth. Have a nice evening.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Spring is here. Quite a few robins are back.

Gillena Cox said...

Very Nice!!!

Much♡love

WendyK said...

A lovely cheerful page Elizabeth, hugs Wendy

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! The bright pink blossoms look so pretty with the kitty cat - perfect ❤️. I hope you are keeping well and thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday, it's always a pleasure to see you there! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

The cat seems to loving the blossom as much as I am. Fabulous page for my AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx