Thursday, March 14, 2024

Snicker-doodle's Message

 

I'm still getting a few "Failed to Publish" messages (yes CJ), but I will keep trying until Blogger decides to take pity on me.

Today I'm sharing this post with two challenges: Art Journal Journey and Friday Face Off.  Meet Snicker-doodle, today's face for Nicole's Friday Face Off.  Of course, it is also for Chris's On All Fours theme at Art Journal Journey.

Snicker-doodle has a very important message.  He wants each and every cat owner and potential cat owner to never declaw a cat's claws.  Details below.



Declawing is painful and causes distress.  If your indoor cat ever accidentally got out, it would have no way to defend itself if it was declawed.  Please follow Snicker-doodle's advice and help ban declawing, just as New York state did in 2018 and Maryland did in 2020.

Snicker-doodle, Bleubeard, and I hope to see you at Art Journal Journey and Friday Face Off


14 thoughtful remarks:

Christine said...

Sweet face!

DVArtist said...

Ohhhh now that is a face to love. What a great shot. Thank you for joining FFO and have a very nice weekend.

Iris Flavia said...

Cute face!
But I was shocked to learn some people declaw their cats! That´s like stripping your fingers together! How awful! If you can´t handle a cat don´t get one! They´re supposed to be our friends, family!

Iris Flavia said...

P.S. Sometimes - always save your text - it helps to click F5/refresh (check "leave page") - blogger then often let´s one through.

sirkkis said...

The stunning cat picture and an important message, Elizabeth.
Happy weekend xx

My name is Erika. said...

Cute face! And that face has a great expression sending the declawing message. Hope all is well and happy Friday. Hugs Erika

Tom said...

...New York leads the way?

Mae Travels said...

I’ve never had a cat so I hadn’t given any thought to de-clawing, but lately I’ve seen a lot of criticism of it. I like the way the cute cat in the photo is displaying its claws, as I guess it has a right to do.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Gene Black said...

Snickerdoodle is adorable. I wonder how many people consider that declawing is akin to having their fingernails permanently removed.

Jeanie said...

Snickerdoodle has some pretty serious claws and I wish they could be clipped (not declawed!). Lizzie has her claws (and knows how to use them -- unfortunately!)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Snicker-doodle cute name and face! :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Sweet Kitty. Here cats are not declawed! Hugs, Valerie

da tabbies o trout towne said...

my comments don't post either, and not just on your blog,
I was told to check "spam " under the comment pull down ???

pearshapedcrafting said...

Aw! Who would do that to a cat! There are some cruel folk around! Such a cute cat and an important message AND a great page for my AJJ theme! Thanks Elizabeth, hugs, Chrisx