Friday, March 15, 2024

Friday Smiles 365: Last of the Christmas lights (aren't you relieved)

 

It's Friday, which means it's time to join Friday Smiles, hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).  Let's visit Annie and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.

After the light show, it was time to head home.

On the way, I stopped by this house that always has a display

that is set to music you turn to on your FM dial.











Now let's move to the other side of the driveway.






A house down the block from where I live had this display the changed colors.

Another house on my block had this.

This house normally goes all out, but this year, they really scaled down.




Did you notice the bells?  I noticed them during the day, which is why I wanted to see the night display.

On the same block where I live.


And finally, my sweet next door neighbor's display.

I suspect you are relieved there will be no more Christmas lights.   
 
Thanks for spending part of your Friday here.  Bleubeard and I would love to see you at Friday Smiles, too. 


 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Lisca said...

….until next Christmas!
But I don’t mind Elizabeth. They are very pretty. They don’t do things like that in Spain, so they are a joy to watch. (Big smile).
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

That is some vewry elaborate light displays. Some folk really go to town with them, but I would love to visit round them all.
I hope you are feeling a bit better now. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I bet all this looks amazing in real life. The reindeer look amazing. Which reminds me we have lots of deer at the moment, they seem to be taking over the city they even stopped all the traffic one day this week as a herd of them were crossing a main road. It's been lovely watching the light display and I'm sure they will come up with something just as good next Christmas. Take care and have a lovely weekend. Sending happy thoughts and hugs from a far, Angela xXx

Tom said...

...Easter lights up next?

Annie said...

It does seem strange seeing Christmas lights in March but they are very pretty.
Hugs,
Annie x

Jeanie said...

Hey, I still have Christmas trees up in the house so no arguments from me!

CJ Kennedy said...

I enjoyed the light displays, but couldn't help thinking about those electric bill$

DVArtist said...

I really do enjoy the lights. Ho Ho Ho, for some reason made me giggle. Have a nice day today.

Valerie-Jael said...

Light up the sky....Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Wow

Jenn Jilks said...

How cheery! I've still one set of lights up. I cannot uncover the water fountain until all risk of frost is over. If I take the lights down, there won't be anything holding the tarp on it!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hop Hop Hop the Easter Bunny is on it way.

Lowcarb team member said...

I did enjoy seeing the lights.
Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, saw your message and done it. It might be a while before it appears as Kate has the comment moderation on. Hope the problem gets sorted. Hugs Angela xXx