Sunday, March 17, 2024

Being Genius

 

I am incredibly frustrated.  Blogger is not just trying my patience, it is trying to get me to move to a different platform.  First, when I leave comments to anyone with embedded comments (as opposed to pop-up or new page), I get a "Failed to Publish" error.  If that wasn't bad enough, I have been unable to add photos to my blog.  Blogger doesn't or refuses to recognize photos from my computer.  Until just now, my only options were Photos, Blogger, or URL.  I store all my photos and scans in PhotoShop on my computer, which Blogger refused to recognize.  

To make matters worse, I decided to visit a few friends and followers whose blogs I was sure were where my comments would publish.  However, after leaving two comments, I got a message that I was over the limit for the day and couldn't leave any more comments.  I turned the computer off, then restarted it, but it didn't help or change anything.  In frustration I said a few words I won't repeat here, but the cats both ran and Squiggles hid for over an hour.  I apologize if I haven't been by to visit or leave a comment.  I sincerely hope you can see how frustrated I am.

I'm once again joining Chris's On All Fours theme at Art Journal Journey.  Detail shots are below.


I started by applying the cat paws stencil in dark green ink around a sheet of green printer/copier paper.  The stencil was gifted me by our host Chris.  I added two paw prints to the slick card, but they didn't show up well.  When the ink was dry, I added the 5 X 7 inch (12.7 X 17.8 cm) card I found in my stash.  The sentiment reads "Every cat is a genius in the art of simply being."  Bleubeard agrees. 
 
Bleubeard and I hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Chris's theme. 
 
Also, have a happy St. Patrick's Day to those who celebrate it.  At least I have green in my post today.


19 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...when you leave embedded comments, they may appear to "Failed to Publish," but they end up on the dashboard labeled spam. This happens on my blog constantly. I believe that Blogger's algorithms kicks in to eliminate what is a perceived spam. On my blog this happens to folks that comment often, I just click not spam and publish them. Since Blogger's changes I rarely get real spam, which is a good thing.

Helen said...

I am sorry you are having such a frustrating time with blogger. Apart from that, I hope you are well! happy Sunday.

Mae Travels said...

Your problems do sound very frustrating. I’ve been wondering why my experiences with Blogger were so different, and now I see that maybe Photoshop is the answer, as I do not use it. My choice of Photos or just ordinary storage in the Mac Laptop environment is because I have different photo-creation needs, but Blogger does seem to be ok with it. Obviously I have no idea how commenting is different in my environment, though. I sometimes see the “failed” message, but when I check back the comment seems to have been published so the message is wrong. I’m sorry you are having so much trouble.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Lovely page! I hear you on fail to publish. The past few days have been getting through after a few tries.

Rita said...

That sounds awful! I swear Blogger randomly updates things and it makes things worse every time. Monopolies always seem to fall apart when they get too big. :( Pretty page. Glad you managed to get these photos up. :)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu and squiggles, catz R geniuez !! trooth ♥♥ hope yur week a headz total lee awesum lee grate and Elizabeth getz
de bad werdz mezz fixed ( de gurl hasta put fotoz on de "desk top " in order two put em ina blog post )

da tabbies o trout towne said...

my comments NOT posting either ...testing ~~~

Tom said...

...I left you a comment earlier, perhaps on you dashboard labeled spam. A few weeks ago I got a message that I was over the limit for the day and couldn't leave any more comments. I restarted my computer and problem was cleared up.

Debra said...

Your Blogger problems sound awful. For some reason things seem to work for me, but it hasn't always been that way. I am plagued with Bot traffic-and who knows if this is malicious or not. It makes me want to shut everything down and just forget blogging-but I really don't want to do that. I hope things start to work for you soon.
Take care.

DVArtist said...

I know blogger is making changes and that for me when I want to down load a photo it is different. I have a PC and I keep my photos in "pictures". I don't have a trouble with it. I do sometimes get failue to publish but I refresh and it's ok.
I love this art piece. Hope you are feeling well.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I never knew they was an limited blogger.

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh, your problems with the platform are incredibly aggravating. It sounds as if you've tried a number of solution to no avail. Sometimes I think I know just enough to get myself into further trouble. I was unaware there is a limit to comments. Do hope you can get things sorted out. Good luck.

Iris Flavia said...

I am sorry you are so frustrated, but I sure had to laugh your cats had to hide ;-)
Always save your words and sometimes it really helps to just refresh and paste again.
Pic-wise I have no problems (yet).
I wonder why blogger does not fix these problems. It was such a great tool once!
And yes, to your artwork, I love it!

Jeanie said...

You're the second person I heard of this week who is having trouble loading photos to blogger. So far so good for me but now I probably jinxed myself. Do you load all at once and then copy/paste to move them around in your post? I do it that way and it is generally fine. Good luck, Elizabeth. (And do love your cats!)

CJ Kennedy said...

So sorry that Blogger is being such a 🤬 for you. The poor kitties! That must have been some vocabulary you used! I really like the quote you chose for your journal page.

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry the hear blogger is being so difficult for you Elizabeth. I’ve had that reached my limit comment before and usually restarting my computer fixes it for me. I would be frustrated also. Especially since you are finally
Back to posting. I’m loving your kitty page though. It’s perfect for Chris’ challenge. I hope other than the blogger issues all is well. Hugs Erika

craftytrog said...

I love those regal kitties Elizabeth, and I hope Blogger starts behaving again soon. I can imagine how frustrated you must be!
Big hugs,
Alison

Lowcarb team member said...

A great looking page.

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this page Elizabeth - that's cats! A great page for my theme! I have used the computer to comment on blogs then suddenly get refused access! I am using my old tablet at the moment having tried to make comments- now I'm being told the battery is low - can't win!!! Hugs, Chrisx