Saturday, March 2, 2024

Second on the 2nd: Cats

 

As most of you know, whenever possible, I like my Second Look to somehow reflect what our current host at Art Journal Journey is featuring.  That means I had to look for something that reflected Chris's On All Fours theme.

Many of you who visit from Art Journal Journey or possibly from T Stands For Tuesday, will recognize this previously published post.  I called it Surrounded by love and more  

I published it on September 30 (or 30 September), 2023.  It was part of a challenge on the Art Journal Journey blog.  Here it is in its entirety.

 

I am joining Elle from Empire of the Cat, our host this month at Art Journal Journey for my final entries, of which I have four today.  I am definitely going to miss Elle's themes, which are Books, Cats, Tea. Had it not been for her themes, I would still be procrastinating creating my Cats altered book.  Not to worry.  I will still be working in my Cats AB, and will show more pages as they become available and complete.

This sleeping kitty is Surrounded by Love.  Don't those heart pillows go great with the sleeping kitty?  I have detail shots, too.
 



This started as a page from a calendar.  To it, I added lots of heart stickers around the outside of the spread.  Sadly the pages are larger than the scanner.
 
My second entry is the word Cats I added to the front of the book.  Below are the details.




I didn't realize how many cat stickers my foodie friend Sally had given me until I started spelling out the word.  (This is the page I was actually hoping to show as my Second Look.  I was surprised it was part of three other entries.)
 
My third entry features a Faux Bleubeard.  He has wise words and I have detail shots.



Life is measured not by minutes, but by moments.  Faux Bleubeard had the right idea.  The cat was in a calendar.  I fussy cut the beautiful cat that reminds me of the wonderful face of our blog.  I then added the sentiment I found in a magazine.  Since Elle's theme included books, I thought the book page behind the cat was the perfect background.
 
My final entry today is another fairly quick entry in my Cats altered book called You found me.  I have detail shots, too.



When I first saw this cat in a calendar page, I thought s/he looked startled.  That's why I came up with the sentiment.

I want to thank Elle for this wonderful theme and for allowing me to share a few pages in my Cats altered book.  She has been a wonderful host, both creating many awesome pages for us and for leaving comments on everyone's journal page.  Thank you so very much, dear Elle.
 
Bleubeard and I hope you will join us for our last entry at Art Journal Journey this month with your own take on Books, Cats, and Tea.  You still have time to join us today.

Now it's time to share your own second look.  You have until Monday at 4 p.m. my time to share this post.  Sharing today would be preferable, of course.  I sincerely hope you will join Bleubeard and me today.
 


 

 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Fundy Blue said...

I love all the kitties and what you did with them, Elizabeth! In the International Market just down the street from where we are staying in Waikiki there is a cat cafe on the second level. I haven't gone it yet, because it costs $23 for 30 minutes. You go in, have a drink of your choice (coffee, I hope), and you can spend time with cats. I've been watching through the window, and I think I've counted 13 different cats. I'm tempted to do it once, and of course I'd be taking photos. We shall see ~ lol! Meanwhile I have to enjoy the cats of my blogging buddies, real and created with art. Happy weekend!

My name is Erika. said...

It's fun to see these kitties again Elizabeth. Yesterday I was going to the dogs, and now you've gone to the cats-grin. OK, that doesn't sound quite right, does it? I hope March has started off well for you, and have a great Saturday. Keeping this short, my daughter and her husband are visiting. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

I loved your post toay sweet kitties

Tom said...

...may you have many memorable moments!

Christine said...

Lovely Cat focus

DVArtist said...

Cats cats everywhere cats. I like your Second on Second. Have a nice day today.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hope to be able to join in next time, things are just a bit much just now. Love the pieces you have showed, hugs!

Rita said...

Of course, I love all the cats! :)

Lisca said...

What a lot of kitties! They are so cute!
Hugs,
Lisca

Violetta said...

Oh what a nice cat-post,
I linked up a 2nd look at my stay in the Svabian Albs in Germany last July.
Have a good time and all the best
Violetta

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Your art is adorable. Cats are amazing creatures.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Now Grey cat is a big kitty.

Mae Travels said...

I hope this is an indication that you are getting back to your usual routine after your long illness.
The cats from last year are nice.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

You can't have too many cats. They are all adorable.

Sami said...

Always fun to see so many adorable cats :)
Hope you are feeling better Elizabeth.

Lowcarb team member said...

'Life is measured not by minutes, but by moments'.
Love these words.

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

Cathy Kennedy said...

Elizabeth,

I like the photo of the kitty surrounded by hearts - that's really sweet! Your art and phrases speak to the heart. Thanks for sharing your creative passions and for your recent visit, darlin'!

PS: Have you considered allowing comment sign-in option name/url instead of Google? I want to get completely away from using my gmail. Just a thought!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lovely to see your cats again, I'm looking forward to seeing more cats! Hugs, Chrisx