Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sun and sand

 

 I'm once again joining Vicki of Stamped Smiles, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  For some reason, I'm having a hard time with Keeping it Light, her theme this month. I just hope this is acceptable.

Bleubeard and I named this Sun and Sand.  We have detail shots, too.





This is what happens when you THINK you have enough letters to create a spread and realize half way through you don't.  I tried to improvise.  Not the best way to show the sentiment, but it has to do.  I started by laying down three different pages torn or cut to size to 110 lb cardstock, over which I adhered the focal image.  Finally, the letters were added.

Thanks so very much for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  We are really grateful you stopped by.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey.
 

 

13 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

I hope the cheery beach scene is an indicator that you are feeling better today!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...this beach bum is jealous.

My name is Erika. said...

There's a lot of light in this piece so I think it's a great idea. There's nothing better than a sunny day. And I really like that Greek writing page in your background. Perhaps the photo is from a beautiful Greek Island? Happy new week Elizabeth. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

A sunny beach is definitely light! :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

It looks quite sunny and good place to be.

Linda Manning Findley said...

Good job "E" ... love the different languages and shorthand ... by the way thanks for the lovely Christmas page always love those ... Linda

Jeanie said...

Wouldn't it be lovely to be on that beach right now? Your art takes me on a mind-journey!

Christine said...

Love sun and sand!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, Elizabeth! See you at T! Hugs!

*Vicki* said...

Oh yes! Please take me to that beach! Have you ever pinched a couple of grains of sand in your hand or wiggled your toes in it? I love that pretty blue sky meeting the water too! There is light in so many things and I think you've done a fabulous job with touching on that with your page! I love it along with the lettering! Thanks so much for your inspiration with my theme for AJJ!! HUGS

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth- what a fabulous page for Vicki's AJJ theme. We're looking forward to getting to a beach (preferably in the sunshine) sometime this year! Hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

A great source of light in that beautiful sky over the beach.
Hugs Neet xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Elizabeth, I will be a day late joining in AJJ, sorry, sometimes things are jusyt not doable. Hugs, Valerie