Monday, February 26, 2024

T Stands For Spice Merchant Teas

 

We are once again headed to The Spice Merchant.  The last time I was there, I picked up this brochure and decided to share the teas today.  I know CJ, Erika, and Kate drink tea exclusively when it comes to tea or coffee.  Although I prefer coffee, I'm not above drinking tea on occasion.

I was surprised how many loose leaf teas there were, considering the tea side of The Spice Merchant is smaller than the coffee side.  I have provided a few detail shots, too.




I love how they show their teas.  The type of tea is first, then the individual countries or regions follow. Bleubeard is asking for Herbal Catnip tea!  I may just pick him up some one of these times I visit.  The large stamped pitcher was cut off by my scanner, but was gifted to me by RO!.  The small stamps I won from CJ.

You have seen my entry today, and now it's time to share yours.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.




I'd be remiss if I didn't remind you it's time to dig up your Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple.  You can use any post, any length, any genre, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  I sincerely hope you will join Bleubeard and me on the 2nd.

 

27 thoughtful remarks:

Carola Bartz said...

That is a huge selection of teas, Elizabeth. Are they all loose leaf or do they come in teabags? I know you mentioned they had a lot of loose teas. I'm happy that they have a good selection of Oolong teas from Taiwan - that's what I drank when I lived there. I'm usually a coffee drinker, but this one was very tasty. I also enjoy hibiscus tea, so like you I'm not above drinking tea. Happy T day - Carola

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm still in MN with the grandbaby 🥰 I'll be back soon.

Mae Travels said...

That definitely looks like a tea lover’s paradise. Coffee is more my thing, though I like it plain, not flavored.
Good to see you hosting T for Tuesday.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...I never knew that there were so many teas.

Sharon Madson said...

I scheduled my post, and then I knew I would do this; forgot to link! I really need to go to Spice Merchant. I am like you and am surprised they have so many teas, as they mostly have coffee. I bet I haven't been there in 10 years. Happy t day.

Iris Flavia said...

Just yesterday Grace took me to a similar place! Sooooo many teas, awwwww. But I have too many in Germany already! ;-)
Happy T-Day!

DVArtist said...

Well all I can say is, WOW!!! That is quite a selection of teas. I bet it smells sooooo good in there. I hope you are feeling better by now. Thank you for hosting the T-Party and have a lovely evening.

My name is Erika. said...

That is A LOT of tea. I wonder how herbal catnip tea is, and if Bleuebeard would enjoy it. I'm assuming it is not meant for cats but for people. But maybe not. And I think everyone who likes tea would find what they like there. Lately my favorite has been pineapple green tea, and I see that have that too. I hope you are feeling better and have a very lovely T day my friend. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

So many teas.

Amila said...

wow! This is a huge collection of teas. That's a lot. But, I know all these teas inspire tea lovers. Glad they mention the origin as well.
And, also thanks for the mail and ATC. I received it last week and this week's post is about it.
Have a great T Tuesday!

Valerie-Jael said...

So many teas! Something for everybody! Thanks for sharing, hugs, Valerie

Lisca said...

Certainly something for everyone. What an enormous collection. I drink both tea and coffee. I drink coffee in the morning and after that, it will be a herbal infusion of some sort. I only have one coffee a day, but sometimes I want another one later in the day and I’ll make myself a decaf.
I smiled at the catnip tea. Is it a product meant for humans? I bet your boys would like some.
You don’t give any indication of how you are, but I do hope you’re feeling better.
Hugs,
Lisca

Kokopelli said...

What a slection! Lovely! Happy T Day! And thanks for hosting. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, I don't think I've seen so many tea choices 😊. I'd love to try the teas with anything cinnamon or orange. Take care and Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Let's Art Journal said...

p.s. thanks so much for the beautiful ATC and goodies celebrating 10th Anniversary, it was such a wonderful surprise! The ATC joins the others and is taking pride of place in my craft room ❤️. Thanks again. Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Wow! Such a variety. It looks like you could have a different tea each day for at least 6 months and not repeat a flavor. OMG! You can even order online! Happy T Day

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, Wow what an amazing variety list of teas to select from-
Happy new week

Jeanie said...

That's quite a selection! My beverage is a glass of wine -- and a pesto recipe, too!

Cloudia said...

So many teas!

Let's Art Journal said...

Yes, those postage stamps are fabulous, I noticed them when your letter arrived and I'll be sure to use them on one of my pages - watch this space 😊. Happy wishes and thanks again! Hugs, Jo xx

Violetta said...

So many sorts of tea....I did not know that there are so many tastes and flavours. But I must confess...I am a coffee addict.
Have a good time and a nice Tea-Day
Violetta

Rita said...

I do love white tea, but it is quite pricey.
Was introduced to Yerba Mate by a pen pal I used to have in Argentina. Not like other teas. Traditionally they drink it from a gourd or a yerba mate cup through a bombilla (metal straining straw). They pack the cup a good half full, carry around a water thermos of hot water with them and keep refilling the cup with hot water all day or until there's no flavor left in the tea. She had told me all about it--and then sent me a gourd mate cup and a bombilla and a big bag of yerba mate tea. It tastes like the earth--grass, weeds, dirt--can't explain it, but not like any other kind of tea I have tried. It is believed to be super good for you. During draughts people claimed they could live on it. Fascinating. But I don't know if the mate they sell there is the same kind of tea as they drink in Argentina. Next time you are there it would be interesting to know if the bags say where the tea is from. :)

Sandra Cox said...

So many teas, so little time.
I hope you are well, Elizabeth. Know I think about you.

Empire of the Cat said...

That is a large selection of tea! Happy T Day! Elle xx

Spyder said...

Wow!! All those teas!! It would take me years to try all of those, but what a splended job if you were the taster! Not been up to much this week, just trying to bend broken things in the house. I've found I have a new talent, Mrs Fix it! Its a case of 'do that, screw this, press the button and run, incase it blows up! Happy Tuesday...sorry I'm late, forgot to link! ((Lyn))

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow! That is a very large selection of teas.
Tea is my go to drink :)

All the best Jan

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, re your comment on my blog today, to answer your question about last week's T post - there's no comment from you. I did link up late so perhaps you missed it.