Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day

 

I was inspired to create this when I saw Jo's Bloom entry.  Mine is a pale imitation, but I am still happy with the results.

Today I'm celebrating Valentine's Day with an entry for Try it on Tuesday.  This fortnight their theme is Hearts and/or Flowers.  I call this Flowering Hearts.  I have quite a few detail shots, too.
 













I started this page using two water soluble crayons to signify the sky and two water soluble crayons to create the grass.  While the page was drying, I created the sentiment on my regular laser printer.  I then colored the sentiment using the same water soluble crayons.
 
I went through my stash of heart buttons and glued five to the substrate.  Using a fine liner Sharpie, I drew the lines and hearts that were attached to the buttons and open hearts.  

I hope you will join Bleubeard and me at Try it on Tuesday.  And have a lovely, although belated Valentine's Day.
 
 I also have a very late Mardi Gras entry.

I don't have time for detail shots, but I want to show how much I absolutely adore my new color laser printer that I am still learning how to use.  And sadly, it's been so long since I used my sewing machine, I forgot (until half way through) crucial steps when using the zig-zag function.

Thanks for spending some time here, today.

 

13 thoughtful remarks:

Mia said...

Your love page is fantastic, Elizabeth. Great watercolor background and lovely drawing of the stems and leaves. Enjoy your new color laser printer, my friend. (I have a color printer too but it is an inkjet). Kisses!

Tom said...

...flowers make my sing! Happy Valentine's Day, Elizabeth.

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks a lovely page.
Happy Valentines Day Wishes.

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great Valentine's Day page Elizabeth. . I like those heart buttons, especially the ones that are only the basic shape. You rocked that sky. It really came out amazing. You created some wonderful clouds. I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day my friend. hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

The hubby distracted me, and I hit post. Then I realized I didn't say thanks for joining us at TIOT. So thank you for joining us. Glad to see you back posting a few art pieces too.

Helen said...

love your heart shaped buttons.

Mae Travels said...

I hope you had a great Valentine’s Day! We enjoyed some heart-shaped macarons made in France, imported by Costco.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks so much for joining in at Tag Tuesyday with your lovely tag, much appreciated. Hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

This is really charming, Elizabeth! I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day!

Rita said...

Very cute heart flowers! :)

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Wonderful page.
I hope you had a lovely Valentine's day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my goodness, this is so amazing - I love it! So glad you liked my page inspiration and the flowers that you created look so beautiful against the foreground and sky that you created - perfect 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday and for being inspired by my art! I hope you had a lovely Valentine's and wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Coming back to check if my comments published and finding they haven't is becoming really frustrating! I really love this Elizabeth and want to say Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, hugs, Chrisx Fingers crossed this time!