Monday, January 1, 2024

On my calendar

 

Happy New Year to each of you.  May it be a safe, joyous, and healthy year.  

Before we begin, I want to thank Wendy K for hosting in December,  She was a super host, visiting everyone at AJJ, which is far more than I can say for myself.

Today we welcome a new host as we always do each month to Art Journal Journey.  This month our guest host is also one of our Art Journal Journey administrators. Please welcome the talented Erika who many of you know as BioArtGalErika's theme is It's On The Calendar

This is what is on my calendar this month.  Looks like I have a vacation planned!  Two detail shots show a closer look.


I started with beige 110 lb cardstock and added horizontal and vertical lines to the page.  Then I added sticker after sticker.  Some showed up better than others.

Erika, Chris, Valerie, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey as you share your own interpretation of It's On The Calendar.
 
We welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose, or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  We cannot leave comments on Facebook or Instagram entries.  We do not allow cards, tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Please remember if your blog is not in English, we ask that you translate it for us since the translation tool doesn't work on some blogsHope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey

 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

A very, very Happy and Healthy New Year dear friend. I hope you do have some quiet time on the horizon.

Helen said...

Happy New Year, Elizabeth, Bleubeard and Squiggles, I hope it is healthy and creative for you all.

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like you have a full calendar for this month. I wish you a happy one, be well, take care, hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...I am a fortunate guy, my Sweetie keep the calendar and tells me what's up! Happy 2024.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun page. I am loving that calendar. I like how it doesn't have any dates but lots of things on it. I actually have an oil change on my calendar, and I need to call the vet too. This is a happy start to 2024-the bug smile and all the happy quotes are a good way to start off a new year. I hope you're feeling better, and glad to hear that at least you don't have a retinal tear, but too bad the vision isn't any good. I hope you have a wonderful New Year with lots of smiles, good days and great health. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

I LOVE your calendar, Elizabeth!
Some entries, like doctor (GOOD LUCK this time and thank you for your comment) and oil change/car inspection/vet sound like no fun but the rest sure made me smile!
To a happy 2024!!!

Christine said...

Lovely page I know you like calendars! Happy New Year!

Cloudia said...

Happy New Year! Aloha!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous calendar- I'd need a few rest days in there! What a brilliant page and idea! Big hugs and Happy New Year! Chrisx

Rita said...

Happy new year!
I hope you have a wonderful vacation and are going someplace warm. :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Oooh, a vacation! Love the black cat stamp. Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy, and Creative New Year! With lots of tea, too!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A great theme of Erika's I really like how your journal calendar page indicates events to come is pictures with the option to add words when the dates grow nearer, so much more appealing.
Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2024 with plenty of crafty days.
Hugs Tracey x

Jeanie said...

Your calendar is delightful, Elizabeth. I send you all beautiful wishes for a very happy new year!

Divers and Sundry said...

I almost wish I needed a calendar :)

Neet said...

Looks as if the new year has taken off for you and your two furry companions. May I take this opportunity to wish you all a Very happy and Healthy New Year.
Hugs, Neet xxx

craftytrog said...

That's a very full calendar Elizabeth! I hope you have lots of creative time planned too :-)
Wishing you, Bleubeard & Squiggles a very happy 2024.
Hugs,
Alison

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, that is a busy calendar, hope it's just make believe! Being retired, I could not handle all that action! Blessings on your eyes, hope they have improved. Sight is such a precious thing. Prayers! xoxo

Gillena Cox said...

Happy 2024!!!!!!

Much♡love

Elina said...

such a great job for a second I thought it was a digital calendar. Really enjoyed it.