Monday, January 1, 2024

T Stands For Year In Review

 

It's time for my annual T Tuesday review.   This post is for T Stands For Tuesday.  If you are here for T Stands For Tuesday only, please link below.  If you are here for both Second on the 2nd and T Stands For Tuesday, please link both places.

January

  In January, I celebrated Chinese New Year.  I am waiting for the water to heat so I can have a cup of Chinese tea.

February

  I celebrated Valentine's Day with a vignette of love, kisses, candles, and a teapot of black tea.

March

   I'm having a bit of early St. Patrick's Day tea.  I received this from my friend Julia of WOYWW fame.  It is from Kew Gardens (in London, England).  The package contained two tea bags and this is the second one.

April
 
  April was all about recycling and this cup of left over coffee.  We named it Leftover Coffee, not because the coffee was left over, but because Bleubeard and I filled the mug with papers left over from other projects, some of which were small, yet fit perfectly on the mug.

May

  I celebrated my birthday, which is the last of April (Earth Day) by being taken to a French restaurant.  The waiter surprised me with this birthday cake.

June

  This was the second time Sharon and I had a play date.  She brought some show and tell items she had made.  You can barely see the mug in the background that reads Class of 95.  Sharon makes lovely items and all are original.  Two are never alike.

July

  It's party time.  Let's celebrate our 10th T Tuesday anniversary.

August

  This is my invitation from PBS to High Tea in September.
 
September
 
  I visited a local restaurant where I photographed a mural and a ton of bottles of alcoholic drinks.

October

  For the entire month of October, we visited The Spice Merchant.  Here the beans are tumbled before they are roasted.
 
November
 
  This month I once again visited The Spice Merchant, but this time on the tea side. Teas are sorted by type in the basket, but you can see the jars of teas in the background with more loose leaf tea. 
 
December
 
  We visited The Spice Merchant every week for T.  This specific week featured puzzles and Christmas inspired mugs.
  
I hope you enjoyed this year's review.  Maybe a few were your favorites, too. 

It's now time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants. 
 
I want to repeat, if you are here for T Stands For Tuesday only, please link below.  If your post includes both Second on the 2nd and T Stands For Tuesday, please link both places.


 

23 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...have a "T"errific 2024!

jinxxxygirl said...

Visits to the Spice Merchant are always fun and i LOVED our Anniversary Swap... But every T day is a fun day visiting and spending time with some wonderful ladies. Looking forward to 2024 with everyone! I hope we all have a fabulous year! Hugs! deb

Carola Bartz said...

This post shows once again what a fun idea T Tuesday really is - and I think the many people who join in confirm that. I look fordward to many T Tuesdays this year, Elizabeth. All the best to you and Bleubeard, especially good health and don't forget to laugh.

kathyinozarks said...

I enjoyed your recap of 2023 I would love to visit your spice market
Hugs from the lake

Christine said...

A wonderful look back at the year!

DVArtist said...

A wonderful post. However, you always have the best posts and I look forward to this year to see what you will share. Happy New Year.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun look back Elizabeth. I remember all of these, and it's a fun selection of various items. I always enjoy looking back before going forward, and that includes seeing other people's looks back too. I hope your new year started in a good way, and that you have a super T day and Second of January also. hugs-Erika

Darla said...

Always a pleasure to show up for tea. I enjoyed the look back through your year Elizabeth. You are so good at keeping up with things. Best of the year to you my friend.

Cloudia said...

Sincerely wishing you a fun and happy year ahead friend! Aloha

CJ Kennedy said...

What a fun-filled year. So nice the waiter brought you a special birthday dessert. I enjoy the visits to the Spice Merchant whether the coffee or the tea side. Looking forward to sharing creative Tuesdays with you this coming year. Happy First T Day

Iris Flavia said...

The Spiced Apple tea sounds very yummy!
And the left over coffee is so clever. The waiter looks so happy!
So now we are in year 11 with T-Day, how cool is that!
The Spice Merchant is just great. Yes, I did enjoy the review - but... how time flies by!... Too fast for my liking.
But, that´s life - to a Happy New Year, dear host!

Elephant's Child said...

Love your review. So many precious memories. Here's to making more in 2024.

Valerie-Jael said...

Have a fun T Day. I am taking a very necessary day off, I have reached the end of my tether, whatever that might be. Hugs to you and all your nice ladies!

Lisca said...

It's always nice to look back over the year. But it goes so fast! That's life I suppose.
I hope you are feeling better.
Happy T-Day
Hugs,
Lisca
PS I've not been able to link up with Second on the 2nd, sorry.

Jeanie said...

I love seeing your year end. These photos remind me that you had far more fun than the computer problems and medical yuck that comes in any year. I send all good wishes for a year with all the good (and none of the bad!) Happy New Year!

Violetta said...

Wonderful calendar of the past year. I don´t have a post with these monthly scenes. But happy T-day and a good year. I read your problems with your eyes. I hope it will get better soon.
All the best
Violetta

Let's Art Journal said...

It was lovely to look back at 2023 with you, so many fabulous memories 😊. I hope you are feeling a bit better and wishing you a peaceful, healthy and happy 2024. Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo xx

Divers and Sundry said...

You have many fond memories from the year :) Happy T Tuesday!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love seeing your look back at the year - it seems so long since April!
Great trips back to the Spice Merchant - Oh how I would love to visit that place!!
Hugs, Chrisx

Spyder said...

Oh I o hope yu are rested and feeling soooo much better now. I think some of that spiced apple might help! And of course I love the mugs. The birthday cake looks yummy, that was really thoughtful of the waiter. All the best for 2024 Happy T day!ps. I haven't actually had a cup of tea today...((Lyn))

mvmaithai said...

Love the Chinese New Year cards! This year, CNY will fall on Feb 10, year of the dragon.
Wishing you a healthy and joyful 2024!
E Thai

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for a very enjoyable look back at 2023.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2024.

All the best Jan

Empire of the Cat said...

I enjoyed seeing the year in review. Hope you are well and that all your technology works. Sorry for my lateness, it was a crazy week Happy New Year and Happy T Day! Elle xx