Wednesday, November 1, 2023

The Nest

 

Before we begin, I want to thank Neet for hosting in October.  Her art was superb and her comments were always thoughtful and caring.  I only wish I could have played more. 

Today we welcome a new host as we always do each month to Art Journal Journey.  This month our guest host is the very talented Jo from Let’s Art Journal.  Her theme is Nature.  She describes it as "the physical world and everything in it (such as plants, animals, mountains, oceans, stars, etc.) that is not made by people".

Not the entry I had hoped for to begin this month, but the one I could accomplish.  Bleubeard and I even have a few detail shots.



I found this adorable robin in a calendar.  I immediately knew what to write for the sentiment.  I added the butterfly I found in my stash. To add a bit of interest, I sewed around the entire entry and the sentiment.

Jo, Chris, Erika, Valerie, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey as you share your own interpretation of Nature.
 
We welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose, or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  We cannot leave comments on Facebook or Instagram entries.  We do not allow cards, tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Please remember if your blog is not in English, we ask that you either provide a translation tool or translate it for us.  Hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey

 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Nature so often brings me solace and heart balm and I love your representation of it.
I do hope you are starting to feel a little better.

Iris Flavia said...

Very beautiful!
And, yes, I double that - hope you´re on the way up, health-wise!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, Elizabeth, love the robin on the nest! Look after yourself! Hugs!

Neet said...

I think this is the perfect page to begin this month in your journal for Jo's theme "Nature".
I love how the blue eggs of the robin stand out against that lovely nest. The colours are perfect as is the quote you used.
I think it is very appropriate to open with this month.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a wonderful page! I love how you captured nature with this pretty robin image and the sentiment and butterfly compliment it beauty, I was pleased to see your signature stitching too - perfect ❤️. Take care and thanks for having me as Guest Host this month! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Oh robins make me think of summer and it being warm. It's chilly here today, and I saw on the news you are chilly too. It's November, right? smile. This is a really lovely page and a nice way to start the new month.I hope you are feeling better and have a better month ahead. hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...our robins have taken cover, it's snow here today.

Rita said...

Definitely not built by humans! She is beautiful. :)

Jeanie said...

the graphic here is lovely, Elizabeth. Nicely done.

I hope you're feeling much better today.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a wonderful image for your first page for Jo's Nature theme. I love how you have added the stitching. Hope you are feeling better, hugs, Chrisx

Christine said...

Lovely work.

Sandra Cox said...

I love this piece. Your words and the butterfly set off this lovely picture.

Gillena Cox said...

How lovely. The care and protection in this journal page.

Much🖤love

Linda said...

Delightful! I love robins.

Jenn Jilks said...

This is lovely. I was looking back at my photos for my 2024 calendar. The robins caught my eye!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Oh I love your page.
Robins are such a cheerful bird.
I hope you are feeling better.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Charming. And I like that stitching!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Great recycle of that calendar page Elizabeth its a beautiful scene with added stitching. How proud she looks keeping those vibrant blue eggs safe till hatch time. The wonders of nature.. Happy creative November Tracey xx

craftytrog said...

This is so beautiful, and I love the sentiment Elizabeth!

lichazul said...

charming details, congrats ☺️💐 have a great day