Tuesday, August 8, 2023

WOYWW 740: Tiny versus small

 

It's Wednesday, which means it's time to join my dear friend and head desker Julia at Stamping Ground for the latest edition of What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, or as most know, WOYWW for short.  

I didn't join in last week because it was the 2nd of the month and I host my own link up called Second on the 2nd.  The idea is to share a post that has been previously published on the 2nd of the month. 

Third time is a charm when it comes to removing pages from a book to turn it into an altered book.  This time the pages feel right, the book feels right, and I have tried to destroy it without it breaking.  I think it's ready for turning into my cat themed altered book.

Even though it's been two weeks since I joined Julia on the desks, I haven't forgotten that Lunch Lady Jan (LLJ) mentioned the rocking horse that was broken and became part of a medallion must have been my smallest rocking horse.   That's when I went searching to see if it really was the smallest.  Metric is in the middle and inches are on both the top and bottom rows.

I'm not sure where I got the top image, but I think it's the smallest, although I was gifted a postage stamp that may have a smaller rocker.

The center rocking horse in the above photo is the replacement for the broken one.  The colors are different, but that shows they are both hand blown.

The bottom rocker is actually a Christmas ornament and is not decorated on the back.  I have another one that is a similar size that is a pin.


You can see all the lines of the ruler in this photo.

Of course, had you been here yesterday, you would have seen I was gifted with this wonderful teeny, tiny rocker.  It is a little over 1/2 inch or 1.6 mm long.

Wendy practically begged me to let her wear the latest tiny rocker because she reminded me I can't find the postage stamp I was given.  She definitely had a point, so I let her have her way.  Now all I need is for her to clean up her space on this table! 
 
Please join Bleubeard and me at Julia's, where you will meet the kindest, most generous bloggers in the world. You might want to share your own desk, too.

 

26 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

tiny rockers indeed! hope Wendy looks after the little one, lol! Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Iris Flavia said...

It´s really tiny and so cute!
Beautiful are all three.

Elephant's Child said...

I love the teeny weeny rockers.

BJ said...

Oh I love the teeny tiny blue rocker so cute, you have an amazing collection. Look forward to seeing the altered book take shape. One day I'll do another one, not sure when though but do have a few sewn bound books I'm removing the pages for for other things in the meantime. Feeling a lot better but still not 100%, getting there though. Hugs BJ#7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I didn't realise there were so many rocking horses until I saw you collection. There used to be a company that renovated and made large rocking horses and they attended the local agricultural show but you reminded me that they weren't there this year, just hope they are still working. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

Sarah Brennan said...

Those are indeed some cute tine rocking horses. Elizabeth. Stay safe end Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

Tom said...

...I still have my rocking horse.

My name is Cindy said...

Oh gosh that is teeny weeny!! Hope Wendy does her clear up OK! Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindyxx #13

Lynnecrafts said...

Beautiful little rockers all of them! I do hope Wendy looks after that one carefully!
Looking forward to seeing your cat- themed book
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 6 x

Glenda said...

Hello again after many years away from this lovely Wednesday get together! I'm glad to see you still collect the rocking horses! These are so very tiny!
Glenda #17

Neet said...

I think as a thank you to you Wendy ought to clean up her space, afterall you did let her wear that tiny rocker.
How fascinating to have all these teeny weeny rockers. Have you any idea how many rockers you have in total, which is the largest?
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Fun post and I always enjoy seeing your collections pieces. I am fascinated by peoples "collections" You made me feel right at home with that desk. Somehow with my own space away from company it's never been like other spaces in my home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just always over the top on stacks of whatever I am doing..I've hide aways downstairs, (closets, cupboards etc,)Enjoy a great week and thanks for the visit.

Kelly said...

Good morning, Elizabeth!

I love seeing your rocking horses. I'll see what I have that I can contribute to your collection.
I keep forgetting about your Second on the 2nd. Guess I need to mark it in my planner. hehe

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly #20

CJ Kennedy said...

Your rocking horses are so fun. So nice that Wendy has a rocking horse brooch to dress up her outfit.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That was so satisfying seeing your tiniest rockers lined up against the ruler! The newest little one must have felt right at home fitting in with the crowd!! It’s very pretty, love the blue enamel, no wonder Wendy wanted to monopolise it. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed that very much.
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Divers and Sundry said...

Little bitties come in handy :)

Annie said...

I love the tiny rockers Elizabeth....you have so many :-)
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Christine said...

Cute!

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your tiny Rocking Horses.l. Could you send me your email, mine is on the top of my blog. Angela #21

Rita said...

I didn't realize how small that blue rocker was! :)

Sandra Cox said...

Rock on tiny rockers. So cute:)

Jenn Jilks said...

So wee! That is the best ruler!

Jeanie said...

Isn't it fun to have a collection that others like to help enlarge? How lovely!

And, on another note, your comment DID post on my blog -- so maybe it's worked out?

Lowcarb team member said...

Definitely tiny and so cute too :)

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

Cute little rocking horses. They are little and very cute. I like that ruler too. That looks very useful. I need a good tearing ruler, and I need to put something like this on my list. Hope you had a super day. hugs-Erika

Fundy Blue said...

Small, smaller, or smallest, the rocking horses are a delight, Elizabeth!