Thursday, August 10, 2023

Baby Brown

 

Today Bleubeard and I are at Try it on Tuesday, where their theme this month is Sing a Song.

This quartet is singing about Baby Brown.  They remind us we've all heard about sweet Georgia Brown.  Georgia was famous for wrecking the town.  However, she had a baby sister and that sister was Baby Brown, the next sweet Georgia queen.
 
I've also included a few detail shots.



This quartet have faces (actually the same face), which allows me to join Nicole and her Friday Face Off later tonight.  LOVE these postage stamps I was gifted.
 

 



I started by adhering a sheet of crumbling vintage sheet music to a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock.  Once dry, I added the gifted die cuts, the gifted sticker (drum set) and the gifted postage stamps.  Looks like the only thing from my stash was the sheet music.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you stopped by today.  We always appreciate your support for our art.  We also hope to see you at both Try it on Tuesday and Friday Face Off

 

23 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Yet another clever and fun take on the theme.

Iris Flavia said...

Fun! I had to google/youtube that song and guess what came up first - no trumpets involved - a rap-song! Far from a sweet lullaby - I like yours better!

Tom said...

...keep Fox Trotting!

My name is Erika. said...

I'm so glad you've been able to join us at TIOT Elizabeth. And I hope Baby Brown isn't as bad as Georgia was-smile. I like your instruments too. They work great on the music background. Thanks so much for joining us, and I hope you're having a great week so far. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun take on the theme

Christine said...

Very cool

Valerie-Jael said...

Cool piece! Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

That song's new to me.

craftytrog said...

This is fabulous Elizabeth, lots of great elements, and I love the music sheet background!

Jeanie said...

That's a fun piece, Elizabeth! At first I wondered if the faces were songwriters but from Spain? Probably not!

Rita said...

Don't think I've ever heard that song. Perfect for the challenge! :)

sirkkis said...

Cool faces; even royalties have got onto your fun music page.
Happy weekend xx

petermorris said...

a rap tune! Not at all a soothing lullaby

HESI Online Exam








Gene Black said...

What a fun page! I love the stamps from Spain (espana correos = Spanish mail)

DVArtist said...

I agree with everyone. This is a fun page. The Fox Trot, my dad and I used to dance together the polka, and the Fox Trot were our favorites. Have a nice day today.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cool art! I love those colourful stamps from Spain!

carol l mckenna said...

Creative post and music ~ lovely ~


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Fundy Blue said...

A fun post, Elizabeth. You find such interesting things to make your collages with!

NatureFootstep said...

I wish I could play an instrument. But I don´t! :(

Meggymay said...

I'm so happy you have joined us at tioTs Elizabeth with this fantastic page. I love the sheet music background and the details you added. I will be looking later to listen to the song version. Have a good week.
I've had a good catch up read to see the posts I have missed lately and have thoroughly enjoyed myself here.
Yvonne xx

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

So if you were late with your comment ... what am I? Later than you, so I think I too should apologize. I never knew about Baby Brown or if I did know, I have forgotten. I am wondering now how the music actually sounded. Was it like Sweet Georgia Brown? Anyway, a fun collage that reminded me that I haven't listened to music for awhile. I think I may just put some on, in your honor, of course. Hugs to Bleubeard ... and the same for you :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Mrs.B said...

A great page Elizabeth and perfect for our challenge. Love the added details to your sheet music background.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I absolutely love this Elizabeth, although it's not a song I know, you have made me want to go and find it! Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx