Monday, August 7, 2023

T Stands For More Gifts (hopefully the last of them)

 

It's fairly obvious we are once again in my dining room and at my dining room table.

I'm hoping to get through the remainder of all these wonderful gifts T Tuesday friends have sent me.  I realize there are LOTS of envelopes, so I hope I get through these before I succumb to the heat.

Blogger is SO slow today.  I should never leave this to the last minute.  Can you see the postage stamps?  I've had a few cats, but this is the first dog I've gotten.  Leave it to Erika to include a dog!!

Look at all the beautiful goodies she sent.  Tons of die cuts



mugs, a teapot, and amazing butterflies. 

If only I had opened this in time for last month's challenge at Art Journal Journey.
 
Look at this handmade postcard.  Yes, Erika, this will go in my Cats AB.  Thank you so very, very much, Erika.  You know many of these will end up in my art.

Sometimes my camera just will NOT focus correctly.  Out of 15 photos I took of this stamp, sent by Lisca, this was the best.  Sadly, it is rather completely puny.

Look at the lovely postcard Lisca sent that she picked up in Amsterdam.  And of course I love the awesome ATC she made.

Here are the backs of the postcard and the ATC!

I tried to show how dimensional this ATC is!!

 
What a clever way to get the 10 to stick out.  Thank you SO much, Lisca.  I adore the clever ATC and the beautiful postcard.  I will also cherish the recycled paper you included on the back of your handwritten note.
 
This next letter comes from Anne of Anne's Creative Cornucopia.  Anne told me the postcard she created was not to her liking, but Teddy insisted she send it, anyway.  I love the collaged front of this envelope, too.

I love the Lunar New Year stamp Anne chose.  This one is Year of the Tiger.

I am so glad Teddy insisted, because this is a charming and "beary" beautiful postcard.

Here is the back of the card that I see Anne created, too.  Thank you SO much, Anne, and thank you goes to Teddy, too!!

I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to find information about this postage stamp.  Apparently it is old enough it is no longer listed on the USPS web site.  Possibly Carola will know more about it. 

Even before I opened the envelope, I got a pleasant surprise.  LOVE the cat washi tape.  OPPS.  Looks like I'm starting to overheat.

Carola sent one of her incredible frameable photos she took.  This is amazing and I have just the place for it, too!

What a lovely note.  I also hope to see our 20th Anniversary.

LOVE this cat in sunglasses, and his umbrella.  That background is amazing.

How cool is this back, too!!  Thank you for the gorgeous card and the beautiful ATC, dear Carola.  I love them both.

I'm fairly certain we all know that CJ sent this package.  Squiggles always loves CJ because he feels included for once!  In case you can't read it, the cups have the names Squiggles and Bleubeard.

Here is a 10 year tea pot next to my name.  I love how CJ capitalizes both Liz and Beth.  Believe me, I will NEVER be a Beth!

Love the postage stamps, but seem to have cut off Bugs Bunny eating a carrot.

Another close up that wouldn't focus properly.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that teeny, tiny incredible rocking horse.  Goodness it is tiny and beautiful.

CJ knows I love cardinals, too.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the envelope and saw all those incredible cancelled postage stamps.  I am in LOVE!!  Note, CJ sent two napkins, too.

Now that my heart is no longer palpitating,

here is what I uncovered.  There is I Love Lemon and Wild Blueberry.  I may drink that when I get finished showing all the gifts today.

CJ even gives suggestions as to how to drink these teas.  Wow, CJ.  Thank you for these amazing gifts and that rocking horse that has stolen my heart.

The postage stamps on the left are called Tulips.  The butterfly was issued in 2021 and it is for the non-machinable surcharge.  The package is from Nancy.

I think this message on the back of the envelope starts with Rock Star.  Sadly, I couldn't read Nancy's writing.

Imagine my surprise when I saw the many ATCs.  I could not have been more surprised or delighted. Several of the keys fell out, but I will puthem back after I finish photographing these.

To cut down on time it takes to upload these, I am going to share them all at once, even though it isn't much faster.





I got an even bigger surprise when I turned the sheet over!  So many choices, so little time.





Also included was this beautiful card Nancy made.  She is definitely famous for her cards.
 
I admit it really WAS a surprise.

 
The final package I received on Saturday.  It's been a long time since I've seen that $0.37 bird, even though I have some in my own stash I can use to send people.  Sorry, but this was as good as the camera would focus.  This came from Mae.

I was blown away by these museum quality postcards.

The postcard on the left represents all the big name places you would find in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  The one on the right is Vincent Van Gogh, Self Portrait, 1887.

The postcard on the left represents Krogs, a restaurant on the Strand canal.  The building dates to 1798.  The one on the right is called Composition for Clarinets and Tin Horn.  It was painted by Ben Shahn (1898-1969) in 1951. 

I hope no one was bored.  Please share your own drink inspired post and Bleubeard and I, along with other T Tuesday participants will be by to visit.
 
 
 
I will be meeting with the Neighborhood Association president at 4:30, so I will be late visiting tonight.

28 thoughtful remarks:

kathyinozarks said...

I enjoyed seeing all of your fabulous gifts-enjoy-loved the little rocking horse

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth. You must have spent hours arranging them all and taking so many photos, enjoy all of your gifts, they should last you for a loooong time! Have a fun afternoon, it's bedtime here! Valerie

Tom said...

...nice mail. all that I got today was an ad for hearing aids.

Carola Bartz said...

No chance of being bored! I enjoyed seeing what you got - such lovely gifts!
The stamp comes from a National Parks stamp series - it came out several years ago. Unfortunately I forgot which year we got them. We bought several sheets of them, and they have 16 National Parks. I only put them on envelopes that I send to special people. Happy T day!

Mae Travels said...

Good to see that my postcards arrived in time for your last gift post. It's been quite a celebration!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lisca said...

Wow, you are still opening mail! So many gifts and messages.
I saw you struggled with photographing that stamp. So I quickly took a photo and added it to my blog post at the end.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Rita said...

Wow! You have gotten so many wonderful gifts! Ten years of appreciation! You will have so much fun with all of them. :)

Sharon Madson said...

You got so many fabulous gifts. Wow! On all the ATCs and teas! Now you know how much you are appreciated. How fun it all must have been to open. If these are the last, I will have to go back and look at your posts, as I missed seeing mine. My Blogger wasn’t slow, so maybe it was tour internet that was slow. I am glad it is cooling off, maybe I can start walking again. Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

It's fun to see all the packages you received for this big T day celebration. Wow, Nancy went all out with so many cool ATC's. It's so fun to see them, and all the flavors of tea. And that's a great little rocking horse from CJ. It's been such a fun and eclectic collection from everyone who joined.And it's also been a great way to continue the celebration. I hope you have a super T day. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

So many fun gifts and I love the page of teas. I am not an expert at photography, but I too have problems with my camera focusing at times. I find it helpful to stand back and let the lens focus. Sometimes, you just can't be too close. Hope you figure it out.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Amila said...

You've received a lot of wonderful gifts! It's truly delightful to see these packages that you've received for this grand T-day celebration. I love that adorable and cute rocking horse. Lots of stamps and postcards! I enjoyed looking at all of these! Happy wonderful T day!

Christine said...

Good gifts!

Cloudia said...

Gosh, you are the nerve center of this whole operation!

Iris Flavia said...

What a fun post again, so lovely and that mini-rocking horse!
Sad the cam sometimes refuses.
And the tea. Vanilla Caramel sounds tempting.
Have a happy T(ea)-Day!

Elephant's Child said...

What WONDERFUL (and totally deserved) gifts you received.

Helen said...

Gorgeous gifts much deserved.

nwilliams6 said...

How fun to see all the gifts you received. What was cool is that you could see so much of everyone in their gifts and mail - from the stamps some choose, their ATCs, post cards, napkins, teas, and extra goodies. I loved every package (especially that rocking horse charm). Our group is so creative and fun. Thanks for being our rock star! My handwriting is terrible especially when I am just doing notes to myself like I was here. I recycled the envelope I used to give my boss a trophy (literally - it was one of the trophies from THE Office TV show called a dundie award) and these were the notes I read. I thought it fit you too so I didn't cover it up. It says: Rock Star - famous for getting things done, adding energry and vitality to everything he touches, inspiring everyone to get things done, and helping us all feel like we are the best we can be.

Happy 10 - I hope you feel all the affection we obviously have for you. Happy T-day and hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

Another crop of awesomeness. I loved all the cat things especially the black cat in the teacup. Happy T Day!

mvmaithai said...

How sweet! Is it too late to participate?

Love all the cards and stamps, especially the lunar new year of the tiger (2022)

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, wonderful - mugs, cats, birds, dogs, bears, rocking horses and whatever else your heart desires - beautiful postcards, stamps, small works of art - I think you have plenty of material for the next few years ;-)
All the best and HAPPY T-DAY!
Traude
🌼🪴🍀🌻❤️🌼🪴🍀🌻

Linda said...

What lovely little things!

DVArtist said...

Wow! You really did get a lot of very nice gifts. Enjoy and have a wonderful day today.

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Elizabeth. What a delightful batch of mail from your friends! I hope you have many happy hours using these items to create your art! Stay cool, if you can!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm especially loving the birds. And the marvelous ATCs!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I can imagine your face when you saw the rocking horse but must say all of your gifts and kind words are wonderful. I predict someone having fun this next few months. Happy T Day, hugs, Chrisx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I'm glad the envelope and postcard arrived in time. Teddy said to tell you he said, "Hi!" :-) - Anne (Cornucopia)

craftytrog said...

Wow! Such wonderful, thoughtful gifts. You're very blessed Elizabeth!

Violetta said...

Wonderful cards and so much tea - it would take some time to taste them all. I resently fell into your blog and post while reading the post of Traude Rostrose, who linked their post here. I hope it will be okay that I posted mine- at least there are two drinks.....
All the best
Violetta