Monday, July 10, 2023

T Stands For a Faux ATC

 

Let me make this clear.  DO NOT share your ATCs, etc. this week.  I am showing what you would have received from me if I had a working scanner.  Last week Sharon said she could crop and size.  She also said that was probably not what I used my scanner for.  She was correct.  

I started these ATCs back in February when I came up with a design.  I had Bleubeard's help of course.  Some of you can make what I designed using your digital and hybrid skills in Photoshop.  I am not that person.  I do a real cut, copy, and paste.

The first thing I did was find a layer cake.  I was lucky to find this three layer drawing that was perfect for what I wanted.


Although you can't tell, after a lot of trial and error, I reduced the cake to 60%. 

Next I lowered the cake on the page so there was room at the top.
 
The size had to be perfect so Bleubeard could fit on the page and not be too small or too large.  Most of you have seen the little cups I have used every year except one to signify T Tuesday.   This was my third attempt.  It was difficult to get the cups in the correct spot because the stamp was wood mounted.
 
Next, thanks to dies Sharon shared during our first play date, I added the numbers signifying 10 years.  I colored the numbers, then turned them into candles.
 
Now it was time to crop the assembly and make sure it met the required size and scale that could be reduced to 2.5 inches X 3.5 inches.  Once I get a scanner that works properly, each person will receive an ATC, whether you participated in the swap or not.  I was really pleased with how many of you participated for Year 10.

Next week you may reveal what you created and what you received.  Be sure to show your partner's postage stamps, too.   That was a very important part of the swap, too.    Please don't forget you MUST show an actual word or design like below

signifying an actual number 10.  You may share a sign you create, but it can't just be words on the page.  It must be an actual photo of the number 10 somewhere in your post. 
 
By now I'm sure you know it's time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year, as this post proves.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.
 

 
I'll remind you one more time.  Please don't forget you MUST add a PHOTO of the number 10 somewhere as part of your 10th anniversary post.  And, if you participated in the swap, don't forget to show the postage stamps your partner used.  Be sure to cover your name and address, of course.
 

25 thoughtful remarks:

Sharon Madson said...

Hello, Elizabeth! Too bad about your scanner and ATCs. They would have been awesome. I reminded the T-gang about the 10, also. Happy T Day.

Valerie-Jael said...

My comment just disappeared! Love Bleubeard's cake and the 10 pretty cups.Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

It’s sad that you are so limited in achieving your vision of art work because your equipment isn’t adequate. I don’t really understand what you are trying to do with image manipulation. I don’t know much about drawing programs, but I thought they could do a lot of the size adjustments and placements that you seem to be trying to do. I hope you find the right stuff soon.
I hope all your other issues are also getting better and that you’ll be feeling well by now. Thanks for hosting.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your ten in cups ... very nice.

All the best Jan

Elephant's Child said...

Lovely work. Again.
I hope you get a working scanner soon and share Mae's wishes for your health.

Tom said...

...you have skills that I don't have!

kathyinozarks said...

I enjoyed seeing the process of how you designed your 10th anniversary atc's I really love your design.
I have no clue how to do art on the computer, and have no clue as to what a scanner is haha that's me-I only know how to type on the computer, or go shopping smiles.
I always make mine by hand for each one I am sending out like for holidays and such. If you have many to do I can see why printing them would be easier.
Happy T hugs

Jeanie said...

I'm so sorry about your scanner but I'm sure it will be terrific when done!

My name is Erika. said...

That is a super ATC dear Elizabeth. And it doesn't matter if they arrive for the 17th or some other time. As my mother said, it's the thought that counts. And I must say my partner will not have any postage stamps to share on the envelope she received from me. Yes, I am bad! I mailed mine out really early because I remember how long it took for me to get a Christmas card from Europe-like 3 months-and I didn't want my partner not to have my envelope in time. When I brought it to the PO I was told that since it was in a brown envelope and going overseas it would ship faster with a printed postage label. You can send me a virtual hand slap if you like-smile. Happy T day to you. hugs-Erika

Lisca said...

I hope you get a working scanner soon. I really wouldn't know what to do without it. I scan all my postcards and resize them. I scan recipes from a cookbook so I don't have to have the whole book on my kitchen counter. Things like that.
Your ATC looks fun and I look forward to receiving it when the time comes.
I have already prepared my 10 and I must say your 10 in tea cups is very original. I have nothing like that. But then of course: you are the T queen.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Carola Bartz said...

It is annoying when one's equipment doesn't work the way you want. If you ere closer you could use my scanner... Sorry, that wasn't helpful. I like the ATC that you created - everything is in there for T Tuesday! Lovely work, my friend.

DVArtist said...

It always takes longer and a bit of frustration when you have an idea and not the right equipment. However, your art is always so beautiful and meaniful. I can't wait for next week. Have a great evening.

Nancy said...

Scanner, printer and computer issues are so frustrating! ATCs this week everywhere. And thank you for your size correction on my blog. Not only did I have the incorrect dimensions, I typed the fraction line in the wrong place. Frustrations and mistakes aside, ATCs are such fun to make.

Halle said...

Hey I can't believe I showed up for the 10th anniversary party without even realizing it. Congrats on 10 years!!

Happy T day my friend.

Christine said...

Happy T day!

Amila said...

It is annoying when the right tools and equipment are not around when there is a project idea in mind. Anyway, this artwork is beautiful and I like the final outcome of the cake with 10 tea cups. It is a beautiful design. Happy T Tuesday and hope to join the celebration next week.

Darla said...

I like seeing your work in progress. I don't do any image manipulating on my computer so am no help, I'm anxious about the anniversary party. Afraid I won't be seeing well (cataract surgeries) or will forget a rule. Maybe I'd better start a draft of my post now and get a bit ahead.

jinxxxygirl said...

Well i can only hope i follow the instructions correctly and i hope you know if i didn't i still had the best of intentions... Your ATC design is lovely Elizabeth and i look forward to receiving it when all is said and done... I don't think i took a picture of my finished ATC before i sent it so i hope my swap partner will be able to get a good pic.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I am SO with you.
I used to have an (illegal), cheap version of photoshop.
Now I have a super old program (photostudio) and I miss photoshop a lot (not so much to pay for it on a monthly basis, though).
Ingo´s scanner is... very old, too. I managed to set it to the journal pages and other scans are crap.
I hope you get a proper gear very soon, it is frustrating to hang on on crap!
At least Bluebeard stands wonderful above it all and makes a great host with the teacups!

Cloudia said...

I had a wonderful communication with my swap partner and received her thoughtful contribution. I sent my own as best. I understood it But was so eager to make sure I mailed it. I forgot to photograph anything! So sorry to be such a swap newbie. But I'm glad I met my swap partner and we got to share between us. Thank you for your kind understanding

J said...

Well I also hope I have followed the instructions as it’s my first ATC for many years, I mailed mine early so I hope it arrived as mine did from my partner.
Lovely to see your work in progress Elizabeth, still thinking about the ten, the heat has frazzled my brain and today is the first time I’ve opened my craft room door for three weeks
Happy T day. Jan S

nwilliams6 said...

Happy T-day - I can't wait until next week when we all post! Your ATC looks great - too bad it wouldn't all work out so you could send us all one - maybe next year! I am not posting this week but checking in on you. Many hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

Your ATC is a really cute design. Bleubeard is the frosting on the cake. Happy T Day

Jenn Jilks said...

Good work! It's a good thing you have Bleubeard to help!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous ATC! I love your little cups. Hoping to catch up soon, hugs, Chrisx