Monday, July 10, 2023

ICADs for Days 33 through 39

 

It's Monday and time to share my Index Card A Day, or ICADs for last week.  Here they are below.

Day 33: He turned his failures into opportunities.  Background is Staz-on and alcohol, TH paper doll standing on sentiment, which came from a gifted book of sentiments (thanks Erika).

Day 34: Independence Day.  Old Glory through the years as well as various postage hikes.
 
Day 35: Welcome to my black and white world.  Black cardstock and black flowers on white paper I fussy cut.

Day 36: Joyful Blooms.  Papers I colored and layered, then added marks.  Center of bottom flower is a brad in which I removed the tines.

Day 37: Pots and Pans.  Of all the ICADs I have created so far, this is my least favorite.  However, I needed something for July 7, so I cut these pots and pans from a cookbook and added the words using my pink Posca pen.

Day 38: Music is the universal language.  Background is part of security envelope sewed to an index card.  Colored papers layered behind a square of sheet music colored and reduced.

Day 39: That was then, this is now.  Staz-on and alcohol background.  Three old $0.13 Liberty Bell postage stamps paired with the first ever Forever stamps that just happened to also be Liberty Bells issued in 2007. The original cost of each stamp was $0.41 (USD).

Thanks for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  We appreciate your support.

 

9 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...I like your stamp collection!

Mae Travels said...

Your display of flag stamps is really neat. I've probably used most of them, but I don't remember distinctions among them. All just flag stamps when you want to mail a letter.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Wonderful Icads

CJ Kennedy said...

My favorites are the Stamp Increases and Joyful Blooms

Muhammad Teddy Wijaya said...

Some of the cards featured in this article are so unique.

Apologies in advance as I have never seen cards like this. But this will be a new insight for me to explore your blog.

Thanks for sharing. Greetings from Indonesian Bloggers 😁🙏 🇲🇨

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your ICADs and even the pots and pans! The blooms are great! Happy Monday, hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

Nice! I hope this means that you are feeling a lot better. :)

Jeanie said...

I love your "failures into opportunities" one the best! I've always believed that.

nwilliams6 said...

Fun ICADs, Elizabeth. My fave is the failures into opportunities one - super cool. Hugz