Monday, July 17, 2023

ICADs for Days 40 through 46

 

It's Monday and time to share my Index Card A Day, or ICADs for last week.  Here they are below.

Day 40: Homage to Disney.  There was a glare on the Little Mermaid, but this was the best I could get.  Unfortunately, the photo didn't get all the right side,  

so I used one of the photos I took of a washed out Little Mermaid.  Three Disney postage stamps on a background of a borrowed rubber stamp about Mickey Mouse.  All images from my stash, except pink Mickey silhouettes on the right border, which was another borrowed rubber stamp.

Day 41: Abstract 1.  I decided to work in a series of abstracts.  I painted various papers yellow, orange, green, red, and black.  I used my pink Posca pen and a black Sharpie to create the marks.

Day 42: Abstract 2.  Same colors as in abstract above, but also a punched green circle and black punched circles.

Day 43: Abstract 3, Bleu's Dream.  Can you see Bleubeard's ears at the right bottom of the abstract?  Unfortunately, I ran out of colored papers, so must make more if I decide to make more of these abstracts.

Day 44: Love forever.  Background is a used security envelope over which I added circles of gold paint.  TH paper dolls are layered over the Forever Love postage stamp.  Let's hope this trio still feel that way when they grow up.

Day 45: She burned a hole in his heart.  I wanted to write that saying, so decided to burn a small hole in the scrapbook paper background.  I backed it with a pink scrap from my stash.  Words written using a purple felt pen.

Day 46: Behind my screen door. Image taken from a calendar and covered with real screen wire.  Plants from my yard.

Thanks for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  We really appreciate your support.


13 thoughtful remarks:

Nancy Chan said...

I love cartoons even at my age.

Elephant's Child said...

How I love, and admire, your creativity.

Iris Flavia said...

Great ones! "Love forever" is my fav...

Authors with Advice said...

Wow, your creativity is outstanding.

Tom said...

...I like the three "smiley" kids!

CJ Kennedy said...

Another remarkable crop. Bleu's dream is my favorite.

Christine said...

Lovely collection

Jenn Jilks said...

Those kiddies look like they've a story to tell!

craftytrog said...

A fabulous collection for week 6. I love those bright abstracts!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous ICADs, love the link is and blues in the abstracts

My name is Erika. said...

You have some outstanding ICADS in this post. I just love the colored paper cutouts. And the postage stamp Disney one is pretty fun too. I'm glad you shared these because I enjoyed them even though I didn't join the ICAD challenge. See you in just a bit for T. hugs-Erika

Nancy said...

I missed this post somehow- these are fun. What a great way to stay creative and keep the juices flowing.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love these Icads Elizabeth- Disney is a winner for me! Hugs, Chrisx