Monday, July 31, 2023

ICADs 54 through 61

 

 It's Index Card A Day or ICAD Monday. Below are the last of my 2023 ICADs.

Day 54: Abstract 33.  Painted papers cut into various shapes and affixed to the index card using glue stick.

Day 55: Innocence.  Background of two Staz-on reinkers and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  Focal image from my stash that I cut using Fiskars scissors.  Gifted faux postage stamp covered with tiny seed beads.

Day 56: Quilt squares.  Background is misted using one of my handmade shimmering mists.  Squares and dotted paper are from my stash and are sewn on the page using variegated thread.  Heart is from a book of add-ons to eye and sun glasses.  Two embellishments on the squares were buttons in a previous life.  I cut the backs from them.

Day 57: Save Wichita.  On July 21, Wichita, KS celebrated its 153rd birthday.  Save Wichita was cut from a junk mail political postcard.  Banana stickers from some I purchased.  Square from my stash, and the tiny sprayed book page from a previous project.  

Day 58: Wannabe Sunflowers.  Background reinkers and alcohol (see above).  Flowers and stems cut from papers I colored.  White dots from Posca pen.

Day 59: Abstract 521.  Colored papers affixed with glue.  I could make these abstracts all day long. 

Day 60: Spring Flowers.  I am never sure if this is a jonquil or a daffodil.  They are both beautiful when they bloom in spring.  I had this image that I had to assemble.  There are several layers to the flower that I stuck on gold foil and black cardstock.  The base was cut from vellum and affixed to the back (without lines) side of an index card. 

Day 61: Abstract 631.  Colored paper affixed to the final index card. Dots created with a black Posca pen.

Year 11 is in the bag and I look forward to making more ICADs in 2024 for Year 12.

  Even though I didn't use any of the prompts, I appreciate Tammy Garcia at Daisy Yellow for hosting this annual event.  BTW, this was Tammy's 13th year.

12 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful cards, I like them all this time, a great last sput! Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Love them. That is a daffodil. Jonquils are often smaller and also can have more than one flower to a stem.

Christine said...

These are lovely!

Rita said...

These are such fun! And all so different. :)

Iris Flavia said...

The lady is my fav!

Tom said...

...quite a collection!

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool, Elizabeth. My favorites are the girl and the flowers. Very fun stuff here....do I need another addiction...lol. Hugz

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm partial to your abstracts :)

kathyinozarks said...

These are great Elizabeth Happy Monday

CJ Kennedy said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge. Jonquils are usually a pale yellow, not as bright as the daffs.

Debra said...

Oh wow! I LOVE the first one-the abstract. They are all good but that one is superb.

craftytrog said...

Fabulous ICADs Elizabeth! I love your abstract ones. I must get around to posting my final few :D