Monday, July 31, 2023

T Stands For Second Set of Gifts

 

We're back at my dining room table with more gifts I have received.

These are the packages I will open today.  Please note, these are my postcards, not ones I have received that are covering my address.  From left: Chris, Caty, Jan.

I began with Jan's package because it was the next one I received.  Lots of glitz and glitter.  Not sure why the shadow is on nearly everything because it is the heat of the day today (Monday).  Nothing like waiting till the last minute.   Hope Jan appreciates how I covered her return address with the die cut bottle (which I love).

Isn't this an adorable ATC?  Clever, too.  Love the map.

I was trying to show all the glitter that is in this lovely ATC.

I love the embossing on these cards, too.  Thank you so much for the lovely die cuts and amazing ATC, Jan.  I love it all.

The next gift I opened is from Caty.  That "wrong address" had nothing to do with Caty and everything to do with our USPS carrier.

These are lovely postage stamps.  I wish I had more time to research them.  Maybe Lisca or even Caty will know about that building that appears to include an arena.

As always seems to be the case with Caty, she is generous to a fault.  There is NO way I can get all these thoughtful goodies in  a single shot.

There were gorgeous napkins to fit all seasons,

vintage ephemera,

wonderful tea, more vintage images, the adorable ATC,

a colorful postcard,
 
a small handmade envelope that contained images of cats, several cancelled postage stamps, and embellished with that butterfly collage fodder.


Of course, there were more little things,
 
and one final look at that amazing ATC.  Thank you so very much, dear Caty.  Your generosity blows me away.
 
Look at all these incredible postage stamps.

I enlarged and cropped these.  I had no idea who Daenerys Targaryen was, since I have never seen Game of Thrones, although I am familiar with the author, George R. R. Martin. 
 
However, I certainly appreciated the Paul McCartney record album and the lovely image of the late Queen for whom I was named.  I had not seen this postage stamp before.

Then it was time to open the package and lay everything out on the table. I swear my heart skipped a beat when I saw these goodies, 

including the Coronation napkin, which I dripped all over.  Yes. it's that HOT in my dining room.

I definitely love the British influence in these napkins.

What a beautiful Union Jack.  And look at those cats dancing around.

My newest rocking horse is laying over a piece of scrim.

I adore this card with the very personal message inside that goes with the bandaged front paw of the cat.

Then there is this beautiful tissue paper

that looks like Paper Artsy images.

When I opened the envelope you see in the back, all these wonderful images and embellishments spilled out.  The ATC came out, too.  Isn't it lovely?

I want you to see how dimensional and textured it is, too.

Tucked safely in a beige envelope was this amazing Gauguin postcard.  I'm sure Chris must have purchased this in a museum store.

Next to the lovely postcard was a rocking horse stamped on a tag.  Of course, the cat family enjoying a sunny day, was the perfect bookmark, too.

Not sure how Chris managed to get all these wonderful gifts in that envelope, but she did,.  Don't you just LOVE that Union Jack ribbon?  Thank you again, Chris for the amazing gifts you sent, including a postcard, an ATC, and those incredible napkins.  You are SO very kind, dear friend.
 
Now it's time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year, as this post proves.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.
 
 
Please don't forget to schedule your Second on the 2nd, where we revisit a post, any post, that has been previously published.
 
I finished just in time to publish.  Any and all mistakes are due to the fact I didn't have time to proof this before I sent this post on its way to you.  I'll be by later tonight after I eat and have a short nap.  This heat is a killer.


24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

You have once again received lots of beautiful presents, and it looks like you now have a life time supply of napkins, stamps, etc - Enjoy! Hapy T day, Valerie

Sharon Madson said...

Love all the goodies you got from Jan, Caty, and Chris. I am sure it feels like Christmas! You will have so much fun using those goodies. Happy T day, dear Elizabeth!

DVArtist said...

Wow! I'm impressed with all the goodies you have recieved. So many nice things. Have a great evening.

Carola Bartz said...

Oh Elizabeth, such lovely goodies!!! Jan, Caty and Chris definitely have been very generous, and I am sure you will use these to make some beautiful art. Happy T day!

Christine said...

Very nice

My name is Erika. said...

Wow Elizabeth. I am blown away with what you received in just 3 envelopes. My crafty juices are flowing. I think you need to make a T day 10 year anniversary junk journal using a lot of these items you've received in the mail. I hope your week has started off well, and thanks for linking up tonight for AJJ. You have a busy night ahead of you. :) Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Those are lovely art and craft works and lovely supplies for your own work.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, everything looks so fun and you didn't even show it all. I want to come crafting at your place!!! Fun stuff - especially the British things- I would cherish them. Really everything is something to cherish. Lucky you and you definitely deserve it. Super goodies and creations. Happy t-day and hugz

Tom said...

...I always wanted to get my kicks of Route 66!

Halle said...

Sorry I missed the celebration last week. I knew I couldn't miss two weeks in a row after dropping my bombshell. Hope you'll excuse no beverage pictured.

Amila said...

wow! It is a lot of goodies. I am sure you are super excited about this stuff because I am excited by simply checking the photos and details. The stamps are great! And, beautiful ATCs too. Thanks for all this wonderful sharing. Have a great T Tuesday!

Cloudia said...

Dang. You generate a lot of beauty and joy and you spread it around. I like that about you. Aloha

Iris Flavia said...

Such a very happy post! Ah, Route 66... my Mom presented my Bro with a journey on a motorbike there. He was chicken, he never went. Today he regrets it (of course).
What wonderful, thoughtful gifts, "little" becomes a huge word full of love - thank you for the very big smile on another cold, rainy day (at least rain! yippee).

Helen said...

Fabulous treasures in this week's packages.

CJ Kennedy said...

Lots of delicious goodies to use in your art. I especially love the kitty cat bookmark. Happy T Day

Jackie McGuinness said...

Fabulous goodies!! I love museum shops for unique items.

Divers and Sundry said...

So many wonderful treats! I especially admire the ATCs :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

All of your gifts are so well deserved Elizabeth. What a great variety. I can imagine some of these coming in useful this month (wink) Happy T day, Big Hugs, Chrisx

Lisca said...

Oh my! What a lot o lovey goodies! You certainly deserve it dear Elisabeth. Christmas come early! I'm sure you will use them all.
I had rad your next email when I woke up this morning and was surprised there was no Mr. linky. Of course now I realize I was one blog ahead.
Have a lovely T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Kate Yetter said...

I am a little late to the party, but I enjoyed seeing all your lovely gifts. You will have so many fun things to play with in your journals.
Have a Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Rita said...

More contributions to your plethora of gifts! How marvelous!! Christmas in July! Thanks for sharing them. :) :)

Caty said...

Wowwww You ´re received lots of beautiful treasures dear Elizabeth ! So glad you like them all. Thanks so much again for hosting this great T-party every week. I´m sure you ´´ ll create wonderful Artworks.
I wish you a great Wednesday, and send big hugs
Caty

Spyder said...

Sorry I'm late again, I did the post but it disappeared...but look at all that lovely post you got! (Including a rocket horse!) When we were over in Te USA I said to hubby, we have to do the Rout 66, but he said it was no where ner where we were...so I bought a key ring instead! Happy T for Tuesday, late as always
((Lyn))

kathyinozarks said...

Enjoy all of your fabulous gifts