Monday, July 3, 2023

ICAD Monday (Days 20-32)

 

It's Index Card A Day or ICAD Monday.  Although I still don't have a scanner, I have figured out a setup that seems a bit better than my previous attempts to photograph these cards.  Thankfully, I will be caught up with these cards I will show today.

Day 20: Funky cups.  Cups cut from a couple of masterboard pages I made last year.  Coffee dyed index card.

Day 21: Marks and Patterns.  Sadly, I ran my arm over the ink pad I used to stamp the date and didn't notice until I was ready to photograph it.

Day 22: Original.  Background of papers I water colored. Flower and leaf left over from images I cut earlier.  "Original" was originally on a box of crackers.

Day 23: Spooky.  Black and orange are paint chip samples and skeleton was cut from a magazine.

Day 24: Stacked.  Yellow, orange, red, green, and purple colored papers cut into inverted "U" shapes and stacked on top of each other.

Day 25: Be Joyful.  Background is vintage sheet music, over which is layered an offcut from a calendar and a strip of washi tape.  Flower is from a calendar and sentiment taken from an all purpose greeting card. 

Day 26: Persevere.  Background is Staz-on and alcohol.  P from my stash paired with a TH paper doll. 

Day 27: Holly.  Plaid and red paper background with gifted holly.

Day 28: Flower and butterfly.  Background Staz-on and alcohol. Colored paper cut in shape of flower and stem, then outlined with ink.  Butterfly is a sticker from my stash.  Stem planted on corrugated cardboard that once held a light bulb.

Day 29: Lemon.  Background of Staz-on and alcohol. Lemonade taken from a junk mail ad.  The word lemon from a magazine.

Day 30: You're a star.  Background is my handmade paper, stars cut from paper on hand, one star gold and focal star I put together from my stash using wire and beads.

Day 31: O Canada.  Celebrating Canada's birthday.  Focal image is holographic.

Day 32: Not my cup of tea.  Background is my handmade paper, cup and saucer from a masterboard, word written using pink Posca pen and blue Zig pen.

I am finally caught up with my ICADs.  I have been making them daily, I just haven't been photographing them until now.

Bleubeard and I are really grateful you dropped by today.  We promise to not let this get out of hand in the future.


13 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Just lovely. I particularly liked Spooky and the Tulip.

Helen said...

well done catching up sharing your ICADs. a great selection

Mae Travels said...

Good to see you have figured out how to take clear photos! Technology can be so frustrating.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely ICADs, glad you got some good pics this time. Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...I'd like the lemonade please.

My name is Erika. said...

These are great Elizabeth. I love the spilled cup of tea and that textured paper. The marks and patterns are great too. Well they're all fun to look at. These are definitely your specialty. I hope you're enjoying this long weekend. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

these are all wonderful. I wouldn't never have known you smeared the ink on the marks and patterns. I thought that was the pattern on the card.

Iris Flavia said...

I am sorry. I cannot pick a favorite (not that you asked us to do so).
Love them all!

Rita said...

Such bright, happy colorful ICADs. You must be feeling better.
Happy Fourth!! :)

Jenn Jilks said...

Nicely done! O
ve been playing around with photos on my iPhone. It isn't too bad!

Cindy McMath said...

Another great collection! I love the funky cups especially! Your stacked card reminds me of an artist I interact with on Instagram - she calls those shapes “fish scales”.

Jeanie said...

I'm amazed at your productivity.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful selection of ICADs Elizabeth! I love the funky tea cups & Not my cup of tea.
Hugs,
Alison