Monday, July 3, 2023

T Stands For Time to Fess Up

 

 Earlier this year, when I assigned partners, Erika asked if I was partnering with anyone.  I "politely" ignored her because I had planned to create an ATC for everyone.  I also have over 100 vintage postcards, three each of which I planned to include in each envelope.  The problem is, I need a scanner to create my ATCs, like this one from last year:

or this one from 2020:

  Both of these required a scanner in order to put Bleubeard in the picture and allow him to fit properly in the tea cup I adjusted for size.   

As many of you who visit frequently know, I have three scanners, NONE of which works. I have made 40 ATC backings.  They will look similar to the one shown above, except I added Bleu's and my name and blog address before I printed them.  Saves a bit of writing because that's the hardest part of creating an ATC, at least for me.  I also colored the backs.  I have my design planned for the front.  However, since I don't have a scanner, NO ONE gets an ATC or postcards from me until I get a scanner that works and can create the ATCs.  It appears your host has failed you badly and will not be able to make the deadline of even the party date.  

Since I have given my confession, let me take you back to the Tuesday just prior to my bEARTHday.

April 18, the Tuesday before my birthday, I treated myself to one of those muffins that contain about 4000 calories.  I do this every year.  This year, instead of chocolate, I was in a cinnamon mood, so got one made with lots of cinnamon, both outside and inside.

I was sure I had taken one with the lit candle, but obviously not.  My tea is Green Dragon Oolong from The Spice Merchant.  It was not what I expected in the way of tea.  It had a bit of a perfume taste to it.  It was certainly sweet, so no one would ever want to add sugar.  I could smell a bit of floral, too.  Not sure I would recommend it as a drink of choice, but I have an ounce that I must drink at some point.

You can see all that is left to the huge muffin is the wrapper and I did drink most of the tea, too.

While I'm in a confessing mood, I have received packages/envelopes from Caty, Deb, Jo, Jan, Kathy, Patty, Sharon, and a postcard from CJ.  All will be revealed on either the 17th or 18th, whichever day you publish your T Tuesday post.

Although I don't like rules, there is going to be ONE RULE you must abide by in order to join T Tuesday's 10th anniversary.  Somewhere in your post you MUST INCLUDE the number 10.  It can be a number you place by your drink, you can hold the number in your hand, or it can be something like this:

Remember, please that each and every person must include the number 10 when they link to T Tuesday's anniversary.

I've gone on far too long, so I won't repeat the rules.  I'm sure by now you know them.  Be sure to visit the other participants, please.


Please don't forget the number 10 somewhere in your anniversary post.  I'll remind everyone again next week in case some missed it this week.

 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...it had a bunch of calories, but I doubt that it had 4000 and cinnamon is good for you!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Muffins don't have calories, as soon as you remove the wrapper they all fall out! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

I am NOT a fan of scented teas. There is a song about Earl Grey which includes the lines 'is it perfume or is it pee'- which sums it up for me.
Your cinnamon donut looked great and I am looking forward to seeing your ATC.

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, the rule of 10. So does it count if I put 10 in my title? I am sorry about your scanner. I guess I don’t know what a scanner is. I can resize an image on my computer, then print it off. I take it that is not what you are trying to do. You can print , though, right?
I am glad you found my card, Happy T day.

Carola Bartz said...

Goodness, somehow I thought next Tuesday is already the bis reveal. I'm glad I have one more week to think about what to do with the 10.
4000 calories? Are you a bit generous with the zeros? Or maybe with the 4? You know, I have never seen a single calorie, I doubt they even exist...

Kate Yetter said...

Your birthday muffin looks delicious and I am sure worth all 400 calories. I hope you find a good scanner. Good ones can be very expensive.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Mae Travels said...

You are really busy with all the various preparations for the events you are creating!
I hope you soon solve your scanner problems. Thank you for hosting the party today and every Tuesday. I hope you'll remind us when the number 10 is required.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

I'm sure there are not 4,000 caloies but who cares, being old means we can enjoy wonderful muffins like this. LOL Happy T-Day.

Christine said...

Your tea and muffin looks yummy

My name is Erika. said...

yes, you did ignore my question, but I guessed you had something up your sleeve-smile. These things happen with the scanner and postcards. But let me just double check that the party is on the 17th/18th. That's what I have written on my calendar. And I can definitely add a ten. Those 4,000 calorie muffins are always yummy. But I like your place setting and that is a fun candle. And I don't like floraly sweet teas either. I hope you have a super T day and July 4th too. hugs-Erika

Amila said...

Thanks for sharing the date for the anniversary T Tuesday. I thought it is on next Tuesday. But there is one more week too. I noted bout sharing number 10.
This muffin looks delicious. Usually, I like Oolong tea. But, I also don't like it if the tea comes with a perfume taste. Instead, I mostly like the soft taste that naturally has on the tea. I am looking forward to the 10th anniversary and surprise reveals in all blog posts. Happy T-Tuesday!

Jeanie said...

That has to be frustrating, Elizabeth. I can relate -- my printer is broken. But I know everyone in the group will understand. I like the previous ones you showed.

Iris Flavia said...

3 scanners and non working? Frustrating.
Once in a while just don´t look at the calories I´d say - celebrate! - Well, you did, good on ya! 10... how time flies!!! Happy T-Day!

nwilliams6 said...

So sorry about your scanners. Mine does not work either (mine maybe operator errors though - lol). You can always finish them up some other time. Definitely don't worry about calories - worry about if they are worth it (my motto). Happy T-day and lots of hugz

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, if the muffin really has 4000 calories, I'd rather not have it 😉 - but I think it's only 4 if it's for a birthday.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a scanner that works. Maybe someone can create a good one out of three broken ones?

Do I understand correctly, for the 10th anniversary I have to put the number 10 in my T-post? And that's July 18th? I hope it suffices if I mention "10th anniversary"?
Warm July greetings, happy T-Day and all the best to you and Bleubeard,
Traude
🌸🌿❤️🌿🌸
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/06/lavendelzeit-bei-den-rostrosen.html

Debra said...

I love your cards ! They ae so creative! Your mega muffin looks very good and worth every calorie !

CJ Kennedy said...

According to the tracking number, you received a package from me delivered on June 3 at 1:30 pm. Probably after this post was already scheduled. Cinnamon muffin sounds good. Wish I had one now. I love the way you arranged your teacups. Happy T Day

Lisca said...

I was going to comment something similar to Valerie. As soon as you take the wrapper off, the calories disappear! One muffin doesn't have that many calories anyway, so i wouldn't worry. Just enjoy! (which is what you did).
re breast feeding, my friend breast fed her two year old for comfort. She was off breast feeding but when the baby was born, all of a sudden she wanted the breast back. So Maria indulges sometimes and lets her have a suck.(explaining that the baby needs it) She'll grow out of it soon.
Looking forward to your ATC. I have made you an ATC too which I was supposed to post during my journey, but the envelope got lost. My friend is on her way back home (in Holland) with the campervan. I hope it turns up when she cleans it out. She has promised to post it for me when she finds it.
Sorry I'm late. Tuesday is a busy day for me.
Belated happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Darla said...

I'm holding hope I can post on the anniversary date. I had cataract surgery in one eye on 7/3 and will have the other eye done later this month. Right now that is scheduled for the 31qt but it could be moved up, the Dr. hopes to get me in sooner.

Spyder said...

Thank you for your messgae Elizabeth! I will think up something to use on the photo, ten cups of tea me thinks! ((Lyn))