Tuesday, June 13, 2023

WOYWW 732: a birthday gift

 

If you are looking for my Try it on Tuesday Guest Designer post, it is here.  

It's Wednesday and time to join my dear friend Julia at Stamping Ground for the latest edition of What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, or WOYWW for short. 

Tonight I have stencils on my work table.  

The lighting in this room sucks.  It is great for working in, but not for taking photos.

My friend Sharon of Foxy Stamping ordered these stencils for my birthday and they came two days after we had our first play date.  She decided to keep them rather than mailing them across town to me.  I'm glad she did because that made the surprise even better.

These three stencils apparently came as a set.  I love them all and will be using them soon, I suspect.

Sharon also gave me these two black stencils she had been working with while she was here last Thursday.  She also loaned me the Fleur de lei stencil which I will put to good use, too.

I guess you saw the rocking/rolling horse of the week.  I think at one time it was a child's toy, but I picked it up at a thrift store several years ago.  I love it.

Thanks for dropping by today.  Next week I hope to actually be working on something instead of showing new products/gifts.  Now let's head over to Julia's and snoop, enable, and share in the friendship that only WOYWW can provide.


28 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

The cat stencils are gorgeous - as is your rocking horse.

Helen said...

the cat stencils are perfect for you! You've already visited (the images I shared are stamps, not a stencil but they're great, aren't they) Have a good WOYWW Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Thank you so much for the ATC Elizabeth. As you can see from my desk it arrived yesterday. I love it - great theme and the rocking horse is the perfect finishing touch. Loving those cat stencils too! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Those stencils are gorgeous and I love your little rocking/rolling horse. I do hope we get to see you use the stencils. Wishing you a very happy woyww dear Elizabeth and hugs for Bleubeard, Angela x7x

Neet said...

Those stencils will be great for you to use. How wonderful to have so many 'cat' stencils in your stash.
Love the rocking horse, he's chunky and cuddly .
Hope the three of you are well
Hugs, to all, Neet 9 xxx

BJ said...

Love your new stencils, what a super birthday surprise. Happy Birthday to you too. Just noticed I forgot to put a title on my post last night gone midnight so I have rectified that plus added a bit about the Scrapbook albums. I have been scrapping day to day photos going back to December 2003 so have filled 18 12"x12" albums each with 60 layouts. Just about to start my 19th if that is any clearer. Hugs BJ#10

Julia Dunnit said...

I love the slightly naive and chunky style of the rocking horse, slightly rounded and handle-able, makes him so sweet doesnt it!
How thoughtful of Sharon to get you those stencils, they are fab, particularly like the face and climbing kitty..what on earth you'll come up with for them though....thank goodness you have a better mind than mine! You're right about air con...Bill has spent a few minutes each day strategically placing garden chairs in the strangest places to achieve maximum shade and breeze, and in the car we've all had to compromise over quite how freezing cold the air con should be!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Have fun with the stencils! Your desk is always tidy, mine is a mess! Hugs, Valerie

Mia said...

Beautiful stencils. Sharon made a lovely choice for you. Have fun!!!

Crafting With Jack said...

The stencils are fabulous and the rocking horse is very cute. Look forward to seeing the stencils in use, in fact I think I will go and have a look for them myself. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Annie said...

I have shortened 5 dresses and 2 pair of trousers and now waiting for my next customer so taking a quick break to pop round a few blogs.
Love your new stencils and that rocking horse is really lovely.
Hugs,
Annie x #5

Tom said...

...a number of years ago I was looking for stencils and selection out there was amazing.

Rita said...

Love those cat stencils!
Such a good friend. :)

Christine said...

What beautiful stencils, love the tiger one especially.
That rocking horse looks very delicate . . .
I think we don't have A/C over here because we never really saw much of the sun . . . grey skies as an African friend once pointed out to me . . .
Have a good week and enjoy your stencils
Christine #14

My name is Erika. said...

I'll be waiting to see you use these because they look like fun stencils. I know what you mean about being surprised after the fact, because that is always much better, isn't it? Happy mid-week. hugs-Erika

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, saw the comment over at mine. Fear not I may not cut into the Masterboard (well not all of it) as I have just scanned it ready to use so we'll see. Hugs Angela x7x

CJ Kennedy said...

The cat stencils are awesome! My eyes turned green when I saw them. Love the rolling rocking horse. One of my BILs had a toy like that when he was little though his was a bear.

Christine said...

It is a cute rocking horse

Lindart said...

LOVE the cat stencils!!!! Stencils are my new passion, but I'm having trouble finding ones I like, that would work in my journal, so I am trying to make my own! Such a lovely gift from a wonderful friend! Have a great week, Lindart #16

da tabbies o trout towne said...

sneekin a round on free WI FI

noe data time two waste

sew thought we'd wave & say HI

with help frum coppee N paste

bleu & squiggles hope ewe both iz grate and elizabeth
all sew !!♥

Sandra Cox said...

Look at those kitty stencils! Love the little rocking roll horse:)
Hope your shoulder is behaving.

Jenn Jilks said...

Those are great stencils, and I'll look forward to more wonderful projects!

My name is Cindy said...

Oooh I do like the look of those cat stencils!! As ever your rocking horse is super cute. Thanks for stopping by earlier, Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #13

Iris Flavia said...

Very cute horse and I look forward to see what you do with those wonderful stencils, too!

Susan Renshaw said...

What super cat stencils!
I love the horse too...
Happy WOYWW! Susan #8

Sharon Madson said...

Those cats look at home on your desk. I can't wait to see how you use them. The black "stencils" are just cardstock of what was left after die cutting something. I guess the negative of a I cut. :) Happy Day, Elizabeth.

Kelly said...

Good morning!
So glad you and Sharon got a meet-up! She is a lovely lady. I wish she'd desk hop with us again.
Love the stencils... especially the detailed cat head.
Creative Blessings! ~Kelly #15

Spyder said...

Hi Elizabeth sorry for my late visit, but had trouble opening your blog, it just stays at the top with no way to scroll down...and in the corner it says, sign in...which just goes back to my design page, so I'm on my phone. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't! loving the rocking horse!! And of course the cat stencils, have a great weekend! (Lyn)