Monday, June 12, 2023

T Stands For Play Date with Sharon

 

If you are looking for my Try it on Tuesday Guest Designer post, it is the one before this one, or here.

I'm sure a few of you are inquisitive about my play date this past week.  Here's how the day began.

The stage was set.  The materials were on the desk.  The last time Sharon and I had a play date, I removed everything from the table.  I decided not to do that this time.  Instead, I did what deskers call "the push back method" and shoved everything to the back of the table by opening the leaves. 
 
Play date materials include 12 X 12 scrapbook paper, gloves, small take out cups, make up sponges from last play date, alcohol, Staz-on reinkers, and a mug for Sharon.  
 
Also on  the desk are fluid acrylics and old papers I had planned to play with while Sharon made lots of backgrounds for her cards and scrapbook pages, but decided to work on similar pages Sharon was working on. 

Sharon's water is ready to heat, but with my bum shoulder and arm, I managed to spill some of the water.  Not to worry.  There's enough water for several mugs.  Note the tea bag holder is from a former T Tuesday participant, Annette, aka Voodoo Vixen.

Sharon brought some Show and Tell items, one of which was this amazing card and matching envelope

she made for her granddaughter who is turning 20 this month.  Then we got busy making backgrounds and I didn't pick my camera up again.

Before we link, I received two ATCs last week (from a different swap unrelated to T Tuesday) from the UK.  It took a bit over two weeks for them to arrive.  Please have your packages ready to go overseas, regardless of the side of the pond you are on, sometime later this week and no later than next Monday so they can arrive by the 3rd of July.  DO NOT under any circumstances show your swap item until July 17 or 18, whichever date you normally share your T Tuesday post.  NO EARLY SHOWING OR POSTING, PERIOD.  Everyone wants to be surprised. 
 
Now it's time to share your own T post.  You know the rules, I'm sure.  Be sure to link back to this blog and please visit your fellow T participants.  
 
BTW, it will be late before I can visit tonight.  I am meeting with my No Name, No Photos Allowed group from 5 pm to 8 pm and I will need to be dressed and out the door no later than 4:15.

 



 

23 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad that you 2 lovely ladies had a fun time with your play date. Sharon's crafting is always gorgeous. I hope you have made a new appt for your next play date! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

I'm glad to see you doing things despite your injury -- you seem to have enjoyed your "play date" and I hope you have fun at your get together later.

Thanks for hosting the T-party.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rita said...

Looks like you were all set to have a wonderful time. Crafting with friends is always such fun! :)

Carola Bartz said...

That is a very impressive card that Sharon made. I'm sure you had a most lovely play date together.
I already sent my ATC a week ago, hoping it will arrive on time.
Happy T Tuesday to you and Bleubeard.

Tom said...

...I guess that I use"the push back method," but I didn't that it had a name.

Darla said...

Hope your creative date is fun, I wish I had someone close by to do that with.

My name is Erika. said...

It looks like you had a fun time on this next playdate with Sharon. And you even tied it into T day. Nice! Sharon does make some lovely cards, doesn't she? I hope you had a productive artsy day and a good time too. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is some sort of record, maybe because it's quite late, but I am actually writing this on my computer.
How lovely to have a playdate with Sharon. What a lovely Show and Tell she brought along. I hope that gammy arm and shoulder get better soon. Happy T Day, hugs, Chrisxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Just popped back to say I am now going to bed just having been able to leave comments on every single post of yours that weren't accessible at all until today! Yay!!!! Chrisxx

Kate Yetter said...

Sorry to hear that you have a injury. I hope it clears up soon. Looks like such a fun play date! It is always fun to craft with someone else as it contains snacks and conversation.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Sharon Madson said...

I didn’t know you took a photo of me! Eek! Very nice post. Thank you again for a lovely visit, lunch and play date! :).

Empire of the Cat said...

Glad you were able to enjoy your play date despite your injuries, hope everything gets better soon. I wish some of my crafty friends lived closer as play dates sound like fun. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Christine said...

Sounds fun!

Iris Flavia said...

Sad you still are in pain. Mine is pretty much gone. Fun play date and BIG WOW on that card!
Happy T-day, dear host!

Lisca said...

Looks like you and Sharon had a great time. Sorry to hear that your injury is still not healed. But I’m sure you had fun nonetheless.
I have posted my atc the first week of June.
I think something has gone wrong with my post. I’m not sure I can re-write it on my phone. Apologies.
Happy T-Day from a campsite in Italy,
Hugs,
Lisca

Elephant's Child said...

That is a gorgeous card. I hope you and Sharon had a heap of productive fun - and I am sorry to read that your arm and shoulder are not right yet.

Cloudia said...

Fun activity day!

Pat said...

Hello, Yankee in Belgrade here, thanking you for your comment on my blog post showing the Anger is a Gift mural. Indeed, many of these murals, so our guide told us, are works done by several people. I am not sure about this one. I googled 'Anger is A Gift' and found a young adult novel by that name. Who knows? :)

Lisca said...

I’ve re-written my post but I’m not sure it’s any better, sorry

J said...

Pleased to see you having fun with Sharon, the card is beautiful, sorry to hear you are still in pain, these things take so long to heal.
Happy T Day Hugs Jan S

nwilliams6 said...

So fun! I love that you and Sharon get to do this together. Hope the pain gets better soon, and that you had fun at your no name event too. Happy T-day and hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

Sounds like you had a fun play day. That birthday card is just awesome. Happy T Day

Sandra Cox said...

That's a wonderful 20th Birthday Card.
Hope that shoulder heals quickly.
Hugs