Monday, June 12, 2023

Birds and/or Feathers: The Quirky Bird

 

 Bleubeard and I give you one of my quirky birds I like to create.  However, I have never created one with real feathers before.

If you have been to the Try it on Tuesday blog you have already seen this journal page.

That's because I have been asked to be the guest designer this fortnight.

Let me start at the beginning.  I used black Staz-on to color the lid I cut using a safety cutter from a can of green chilies.  I also thought I might use this background I created using two colors of Staz-on and 91% Isopropyl Alcohol.  In the end, I used the black lid, but not the background.

I fussy cut the bird from an old calendar page.  Unfortunately, I was unable to remove the glare on the bird. 
 
There are real feathers and sterling silver feathers, both of which were from two different dream catchers.  Sadly, the black Staz-on didn't fare too well on the bird's body.
 
The real feathers had minds of their own
 
and decided to point both outward and inward.

The quirky bird is resting on the branch of the tree.
 
It definitely feels safe among the beautiful flowers.
I tried to show how dimensional this bird is.


Bleubeard and I appreciate you stopping by and hope to see or meet you at Try it on Tuesday for this next  fortnight.


12 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...one question though, will it fly?

My name is Erika. said...

That is a cool quirky bird. Before I looked closely I thought it was a spirit catcher, which would definitely work too. But I really like this quirky bird. I love how you used the can lid and the feathers too. Thanks for being our guest designer for this challenge. hugs-Erika

Pia S said...

I absolutely love this bird, such an original design and you've been so clever on how to add feathers too. I love this, so different, so charming:)

Let's Art Journal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kathyinozarks said...

I love your bird very much!

Elephant's Child said...

I am loving your quirky bird. So very much.
Speaking of quirky birds, our quirky bird has an addition just for you on my latest Sunday Selections post.

craftytrog said...

I absolutely love your quirky bird Elizabeth!

Helen said...

Congratulation on being our Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday, and your quirky bird is just brilliant! LOVE those flowers too! ((HUGS)) Helen DT

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page Elizabeth and super photos to show the stages. I was so happy to see you as our guest designer over at TioT's for this theme.
I'm not around so much these days but I realy do enjoy my catch ups, even though I don't get to leave so many messages
I hope you are well and as always your art is inspirational.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Oops, sorry, I deleted in error. Should read:
Oh my goodness, I love this piece! The quirky bird is fabulous and I love all the 3-D elements that you added - perfect 😊. Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday and for the amazing inspiration! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

lichazul said...

Lovely page 👏👏👏🤩💐 congrats
Have a great day

Mrs.B said...

Sorry for the lateness - life has been so hectic lately - but better late than never....
It's a fabulous page Elizabeth, love that quirky bird and all his different embellishments, so creative.
Thank you for joining us as our Guest Designer for this challenge
Avril xx