Sunday, June 11, 2023

Monday Murals: Angelo's

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.   

I know some of you missed me last week.  I didn't have a post ready ahead of time.  What happened was a squirrel chewed into the phone and internet line that affected anyone on my block who was a customer of AT&T.  Sadly, this happened on Friday and their service people don't work on the weekend.

I learned that squirrels are notorious for chewing phone lines because their teeth are constantly growing.  In order to keep them from getting too long (think about your own fingernails and toenails, for example), squirrels gnaw at anything hard, including phone lines.  This seems to be a widespread and ongoing problem, which has been known to shut down entire power grids.  Apparently, threats on power grids to the internet by squirrels pose more problems than threats by cyber attacks.

Some of you remember the disastrous shrimp scampi I had at Angelo's on my foodie friend Sally's birthday.  The one good thing that came out of that disastrous meal was this mural.

Somehow this is not how I envision Italy, but apparently the artist did.  I also took some detail shots.
 


This mural is found inside Angelo's restaurant located at 5900 East Central, Suite 100 in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  
 
If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World

 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I love the mural and am glad you got something good out of the disasterous outing.
Cyber attack squirrels is an interesting thought.

Mae Travels said...

The orange sky in the mural is very unnatural — it looks like the smoke-filled skies throughout the Northwest and Midwestern US for the last few days. Your timing is perfect!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

All rodents are great chewers. I never heard of squirrels eating wires though, but it doesn't surprise me. They seem to chew everything else. And this is a fantastic mural. Too bad the food was so bad because otherwise you could go back and enjoy the "view" in the restaurant again. Happy Sunday. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Lovely mural

CJ Kennedy said...

Squirrels can do so much damage. I like the colorful mural and it does look like Italy. Mt. Vesuvius near the Bay of Naples. The hilly/mountainous countryside.

craftytrog said...

That's a beautiful mural!

Christine said...

Lovely mural

Cloudia said...

I guess a lot of red is supposed to make you enjoy your food more? I'm glad you are back online and thank you for sharing this interesting mural.

Rita said...

At least something nice worth sharing from that restaurant. ;)

Tom said...

...I love to eat, but this mural may side track me! Squirrels are cute little devils!!!

Iris Flavia said...

At least you got something nice from that evening, a nice mural, reminding me of a visit at a farmer´s family in Tuscany.
Peanut says sorry for the trouble his cousins caused...

Bertiebo said...

What a disaster with that squirrel. Glad you can show something beautiful again.

Sami said...

Didn't know squirrels could be that destructive!
I agree that mural doesn't say Italy to me either. But it is colourful and pretty.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Doesn't look Italian to me either.
I also had a bad meal rescued by a mural a couple of weeks ago, at that Robot place.

Jeanie said...

That one is very impressive!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I am glad something good came out of the disasterous visit! Hugs, Chrisx

magiceye said...

Beautiful mural saved the day!